Version 2.0 is now available! FES is also renamed to RetroBlit!
This major version update is significantly bigger than previous updates.
- FES is now named RetroBlit! See http://www.pixeltrollgames.com/RetroBlit/docs/namechange.html
- Tiled TMX support reworked!
- TMX files are automatically converted into a RetroBlit binary format for faster access.
- Added support for TMX map, layer, object, and tile properties.
- Added support for TMX objects, with support for object templates.
- Added support for TMX infinite maps, and chunk by chunk loading.
- All TMX compression formats are now supported.
- Significant performance improvements, sprite benchmarks are up to 2-3x faster.
- Allocation garabage generated in RetroBlit from frame to frame is reduced from 500-2000 bytes down to 40 bytes. No Garbage Collection hiccups.
- Added FastString class, a zero-garbage replacement for strings.
- Added a set of 30 easing functions for interpolating values, vectors, colors and more!
- Added ability to render into any sprite sheet, as well as creating blank sprite sheets which now replace offscreen surfaces.
- Added new Clear(color, rect) method for clearing only a section of the display or sprite sheet
- Added DrawTriangle and DrawTriangleFill primitives.
- Added new Wavy and Shaky text effects
- Added ability to change text font inline
- Added a flag for ignoring inline text color changes (you can use this to render drop shadows behind text with inline color changes)
- Added ability to retrieve RetroBlit rendering surface so that you can render it manually, see the new OldDays demo scene!
- Added OldDays demo
- RetroBlit can now be reinitialized at any time by subsequent calls to RB.Initialize and should no longer cause trouble if the Scene is reloaded. It's also possible to switch between different RetroBlit games by calling RB.Initialize for a different game.
- Removed Indexed Color Mode support and all related APIs. See rationale here: http://www.pixeltrollgames.com/RetroBlit/docs/indexmode_removal.html
- Removed Size2i, now Vector2i also has width and height members (which are aliases for x, and y)
- Removed ColorRGBA, use Color32 or Color instead
- Removed HelloWorld demo, improved MyGame template instead
- Fix SpriteSheetSize() returning wrong values
- Fix sprite sheet not loading if only tilemaps are being rendered
- Fix rendering of primitives on some old hardware
- Fix bad default audio compression on audio import