- Particles - Replaced any form of 'realistic' particle with more appropriate square particles.
- No collision on a road tile in the vending machine area
I have uploaded version 0.4.1, making sure the prerequisites prompt was included in the game.
If it does not pop-up, you already have the prerequisites installed.
However, if the new version did not solve your problem, you could try downloading the game through the itch.io app (assuming you didn't do this already).
Which version (win 32 / 64) are you running?
Are you getting a crash report or is it just shutting down?
If you are getting a crash report, could you post it here?
Also, the first time you tried to launch the game, did it ask you to install UE4 prerequisites? If it didn't, that might be the problem.
However, since this is the first time (to my knowledge) that this has happened, any additional information you can provide could help me figure out what the problem could be.
Hey man, keep up the good work! The attack animations and cam-shakes make fighting and smashing things a pretty satisfying experience.
Some bugs / things I noticed:
- Spearmen can stab you through walls.
- Enemies will not attack you when the lower half of your body is behind a wall (my guess is that the player's hitbox is inside the wall at this point, thus unreachable. This may actually be the reason spearmen can stab you through walls.)
- It seems to me like projectiles aren't fired exactly towards the center of the crosshair, but their shadows are.
- I found hostile arrows to be pretty difficult to keep track of since they blend a bit too well into the environment and hitmarkers, especially when the screen shakes (a highlight-color in addition to / instead of the already present white might be an option.)
- I had a hard time figuring out what the effects of picking up certain foods were. I attribute this to the lack of (animated) icons for things like health and gold, but I'm pretty sure that's on your todo-list already :P
Anyway, I hope this feedback is useful to you. Good luck in your dev-quest!
I regret to inform you that I made a critical error right at the start of the project, which now makes the project unbuildable for anything other than Windows (at least with my current setup). Whilst I still plan on releasing the game for both Linux and Mac, I'm afraid it will have to wait until the gameplay has reached a point which I deem acceptable enough to shift my attention away from it.
Please forgive my stupidity.
Absolutely! I acually wanted to do so in update 0.2.2, but it required a bit more effort than I initially suspected. I aim to have a Linux build ready by the time the next update goes live.
Hey man, bedankt voor de feedback!
Dat van die protection en hitboxes was me inderdaad ook al opgevallen, de rest helaas nog niet.
Goed dat je het ook even post hier, anders was ik het gegarandeerd weer vergeten :P
Thanks for putting your time and effort towards creating this helpful review and spreading the word! It really helps me get a grasp of the things I should prioritize during development.
Rest assured, more weapons will eventually make their way into the game, along with more optimized enemies.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience with the first version of Somethin's Brewin'!
If you have any suggestions you think will make the game a better product, feel free to let me know.
Note that while I cannot guarantee the suggestions being implemented in-game as they are, they will at least improve my knowledge of people actually playing the game, enabling me to provide you with a better overall experience.