sorry to hear this! could you grab a screenshot? if so we can try to debug!
Recent community posts
Some dedicate their life to the cause...
One day, you will dedicate everything
those who dream of a better world know one simple, terrible fact: not everyone who helps build it will be blessed with the opportunity to live in it. those who put their lives on the line to transmute dreams of rebellion into reality know the grim truth that to see this transformation occur, they may one day have to give their lives as catalyst. going rogue 2e is a GM-less tabletop roleplaying game for 2-5 players that tells the story of that sacrifice.
going rogue was originally developed as an expansion for riley rethal’s Star Wars-inspired Belonging Outside Belonging system, galactic 2e. this second edition of going rogue expands it to a 32-page game that can be played as a one-shot or over the course of a limited-run campaign.
while the base game is built to tell stories of charming, larger-than-life heroes, going rogue 2e—taking its inspiration from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story—uses galactic 2e’s mechanical foundation to instead weave narratives about troubled martyrs mired in messy, ethically gray conflicts who must face the possibility of making the ultimate sacrifice.
this new second edition adds a variety of new content:
- a 5th playbook, THE LOYAL, inspired by K-2SO and other Star Wars companion characters, expanding the game to 5 players!.THE LOYAL features a unique mechanic in which your moves interact differently when they target a bonded character!
- a new pillar, THE BOND, a unique spin on Belonging Outside Belonging’s “setting element” mechanic, in which the unfailing trust between THE LOYAL and another player character becomes a discrete element of the setting
- a set of 6 traits to supplement the 36 in the base book, which better match the tone of going rogue
- a complete rework of the SACRIFICE fate mechanic, simplifying, streamlining, and adding more flavor
- a completely revamped layout that's easy to read and easy to browse
- more small improvements all over, as the result of additional playtesting
additionally, to celebrate the Andor release, there is a ready-to-play bundle with the base game galactic 2e, getting both combined for over 20% off!
get the galactic 2e / going rogue 2e bundle right here!
Let’s face it: dueling is sexy.
But do you know what’s sexier than combat? That slower, higher tension duel that occurs before any damage is done—before any blow is even struck. The duel of word and wit, of melodramatic motion and threatening maneuvers. I Have the High Ground is a short, collaborative tabletop roleplaying and storytelling game for 2 players about that kind of duel. It's GM-less and genre-neutral, and takes 1-2 hours to play. You can hear it played on Party of One, The Neon Caster, and Chicks with Dice!
Using game mechanics inspired by competitive fencing, players choose moves in secret. After their choices are revealed, the winner takes the opportunity to flaunt their bravado or to perform subtle acts that leave an imposing quiet in their wake. Your game is not an action-packed fight to the death but rather a portrayal of the slow, smoldering tension between two people about to risk their pride, their reputation, or even their lives. As a genre-neutral game, playtesting included cyberpunk, space opera, superheroes, dance competitions, lesbian callout drama, Locked Tomb necromancers, wizard grad students, post-apocalyptic bake-offs, and more.
It features invaluable contributions from:
- Jess Levine, the creator and lead game designer, whose previous games includes going rogue.
- Ezra Rose, the illustrator, whose previous work includes illustration for Avery Alder and Benjamin Rosenbaum’s Dream Askew / Dream Apart.
- Vin Tanner, the layout artist, whose previous games includes Galactic 2e: The Droid Expansion.
- satah, the game design consultant, who helped create I Have the High Ground's unique Descriptor and Circumstances mechanics.
- Will Jobst, the game's editor, whose previous games includes TORQ and this discord has ghosts in it.
There's so much more, but I'll let you all check itout if you want! Also, if you want to use it on a podcast, write about it, etc. I am happy to send you a free press copy!
So, get it on my itch.io page, then...pick your weapons, push the limits, and whenever justifiable: flourish your capes.
GAME USER EXPERIENCE MANAGER SIMULATOR is a Twine-based dark comedy console-style game about video games & the experience of working, made for Ludum Dare 50. I cannot disclose other details, by nature of the NDA I was made to sign upon taking this job. Remember, only U can put the I in TEAM.
hi all! i'm so excited to announce the release of going rogue, an expansion for 2-4 players which extends on galactic 2e by riley rethal, a belonging outside belonging game inspired by star wars.
whereas the base game focuses on brave and charming heroes, going rogue takes inspiration from star wars: rogue one to tell the stories of troubled martyrs. it evolved out of my own experiences with galactic, and realizing that as much as i love the system -- enough that our playgroup has written over 100k words of short stories in our setting -- it is not suited to tell those more ethically grey, tragic stories. going rogue adds 4 playbooks, 2 pillars, and a whole new mechanic called group fates, in order to facilitate games that ask questions like:
- how does cynicism serve us as a coping mechanism? when must we counteract it with hope, and how?
- when do caution, principles, and commitment to democracy constrain our ability to act for liberation? when does our willingness to abandon such ideals undermine that which we’re fighting for?
- what is worthy of sacrifice? what might be worth living another day?
while it is my debut ttrpg, i think it has turned out to be something special. i've been playtesting it with multiple groups for months, with my friends and through independent tests by others, and even the creator of galactic herself! i hope you'll consider picking it up and perhaps even sharing it. may the space be with you!
p.s. the full link is here: https://jessfromonline.itch.io/going-rogue