Like steam but for itch!
Recent community posts
I don't think so. At least that is what I believe happened. I summoned a pet right after I got the upgrade. He was killed by the Cereberus boss and it spawned an ember. I used the ember and it healed me. If I recall correctly, this happened in the arena.
BUG ALERT. This is not intentional and has been fixed now. I'll add a small update in the next few days addressing this.
Glad to hear the changes are moving things in the right direction!
When I started the game out it asked me who I want to be, I chose the sorcerer but then suddenly saw I had about 136 or so gold. Not sure if that was intended or left over from a previous save I had.
I think maybe the HTML version now saves progress? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend to understand the HTML module hehe.
I love the idea of the arena! Absolutely love it.
That's great! I wanted to bring it back from the previous version. They'll be leaderboards (when I figure them out) and it'll keep a record of your top score. Rarer items will also be unlocked through it.
But the potion of healing didn't drop despite finishing the quest where it dropped.
Ah yea this is a bug. I changed the layout of the Arena and that removed the Potion spawning. It'll be in the next build.
I like the new swap places ability but I haven't yet to solve that puzzle quest yet.
Excellent! I don't want them to be too easy ;)
Now fire damage does same damage on fire mobs and they get burn. I would suggest either reduce damage by 50% or eliminate burn. So they can't be burned. I wasn't able however to test whether burn damages them or heals them since they die fast and the boss already had burn on him (not by me) so I wasn't sure if it works or not.
Burns do heal them for sure. I thought about reducing Fire damage to them but I feel that might be overkill even though it makes perfect sense thematically. Hmm.
Once you get burn heal + summon + ember you are pretty much a damage machine that doesn't die all that easily any more.
Good to know! Just to note: Fire Elementals don't drop Embers to heal other units if they are destroyed by enemies. I'm hoping that rewards careful play. Thank you for taking a look! :D
Hello! I've made some changes to the Sorcerer.
Here are the current card upgrades available for the Sorcerer.
Notable changes include improvements to the Summon Elemental skill and now Scorched enemies take extra damage from Frost skills (Blizzard). This should make it a bit easier to complete the Scorched stages. Fire Elementals are now also vulnerable to Blizzard (they're Fire after all!) but they now have a ranged skill so they can be kept out of the way.
After the tutorial, all 9 stages unlock so you can test to your heart's content!
Next up is a Barbarian, then the Cleric.
Any feedback on the changes would be appreciated!
- All levels unlocked for testing after the tutorial.
- Increased level cap from 10 to 14.
- Bosses now gain +1 Rage at the end of their turn.
- Bosses now always use Rage ability at 3 Rage.
- Scorched units are now weak to Frost skills.
- The Sorcerer has been tweaked.
- Mini bosses now have 15 health
- There now is a Potion of Healing on the ground at the start of the Arena.
- When an Arena stage is completed, AP and skills are refreshed.
I can confirm that the save file gets caught in Brave's cookie blocking software - disabling it for the site allowed it to work as intended.
Have you played any other HTML5 games that use saving with Brave? I'd be curious as to if they work was well!
Thank you for bringing this up :D
Hmmm man that's very strange as the next stage should unlock as soon as you enter Junk's Shop. When you exit Junk's Shop it should be there!
What's the screen you see when you load the game again? Is Junk's Shop unlocked at least?
It may be that for some reason the save function isn't working. What browser are you using?
Currently it should go: Tutorial -> Visit Junk / Purchase upgrade -> Complete Sewer Clean-Up -> (Purchase new upgrade if enough Gold) -> King Gloob -> Undead Round-Up.
It's possible to play Sewer Clean-Up and Undead Round-Up multiple times for extra Gold and upgrades if a Boss is too difficult.
Sewer Clean-Up and Undead Round-Up each should have 3-6 units in each stage.
When all of the enemies are defeated in a stage, the Gold you acquire there is saved and the next stage is unlocked.
This shows the basic gameplay loop with a very limited selection of stages and randomisation. I plan on adding more random elements and challenges for replayability in the future :)
Do you have access to all of these stages?
- Bosses now spawn on visible tiles.
- All other enemies are destroyed when a boss is defeated.
- Frozen tiles now cause units on them to have -1 Movement.
- Frozen tiles now cost +1 Move to travel to.
- Frozen tiles now last 3 turns instead of 4.
- Fallen units now fade after 2 turns.
- Elementals are now Fireborn and are healed by Burns.
- Removed Howling Winds card.
- Rage: Some units gain Rage to use on powerful abilities.
- Now has Rage.
- Gains +1 Rage when damaged.
- At 3 Rage, King Gloob splits into smaller Gloobs.
- Ghouls gain +1 Power when they consume a Fallen unit.
- New Unit
- Gains +1 maximum Health when they consume a Fallen unit.
- Capped screenshake to avoid jerkiness.
- The camera now doesn't move when cards are showing.
- AI units now move to better targets.
- Added a Hint box.
- Re-arranged enemy spawns.
- New Mechanics
- Frozen tiles: Units on Frozen tiles can't move.
- Scorched tiles: Units on Scorched tiles take damage.
- New Boss
- King Gloob: Spawns Small Gloobs when damaged that deal area damage.
- New Cards
- Bitter Cold: Units hit by Blizzard have their tile Frozen.
The maximum number of units the player can have at one time is now 3 instead of 4.
- The game will now cycle through 4 music tracks.
- New Mechanics
- A level up mechanic has been added.
- When enough enemies have been defeated, the player draws 3 Cards from the Class Deck and chooses one to improve their character.
- Each Card has a rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary) and a unique bonus. They can:
- add New Skills
- improve existing Skills
- increase character damage and health
- and more!
- The Sorcerer class has been added! She comes with her own deck to draw from. The new Cards are listed below.
- New Cards:
- Blizzard: Deal damage to an enemy and all units near it.
- Teleport: Move up to 2 tiles away. Ignores obstacles.
- Ignite: Your Fire Ball now has an 80% chance to Burn instead of 40%
- Little Snowflakes: Allies now take half damage from Blizzard.
- Unbound: Your summoned Elementals gain +1 Movement.
- Focus: Gain +1 Power.
- Underdog: Gain +3 Power while you have 5 or less Health.
- Summon Elemental: Summon an Elemental to fight for your team.
- Combust: Your Burns deal double damage.
- Unstable Teleport: Your Teleport now deals damage to all units nearby the target.
- Sorcerer's Will: Gain +5 Maximum Health.
- Energize: Your maximum AP is now 3 instead of 2.
- Large Chest: Gain +100 Gold. (Not fully implemented)
- AI units no longer target Doodads (Torches, Barrels etc.)
- Heal text is no longer shown if the unit is not visible.
- Unit's can no longer be healed 0 health.
- Doodads can no longer be Burnt.
- UI tweaks.
- Asset updates.
- New Cards:
- Fireborn: Burns now heal you instead of dealing damage.
- Howling Winds: Units hit by Blizzard have -1 AP next turn.
- Warp: Teleport now has 8 range instead of 2.
- Gremlins and Hounds are now Fireborn and heal from Burns.
- Added screenshake.
- Tidied up a few assets.
- Gold: Enemies now drop Gold.
- Mulligan: Players can spend Gold to redraw Cards from their deck.
- Animations now sync with each other once again.
- Dazed units now move the correct distance.
- Unit stats have been tweaked.
- The Torch Doodad now has a death animation.
- Added a bounce animation to targets when damaged.
- New Mechanics
- Explosive Barrel: Deal damage to an Explosive Barrel to deal damage to all units nearby.Revenge Buff: If a unit has Revenge, the next damage it would take is instead reflected to all enemies nearby.
- Radiance: Now has a placeholder animation.
- New Skills
- Revenge: Gain Revenge. The next damaging skill on this unit is prevented and the damage dealt to all nearby enemies instead.
- AI units can now be flagged as Ranged.
- Ranged units will move away if there are enemies nearby and will avoid moving next to enemies.
- The unit UI has been revamped (see above).
- Fixed a bug where all skills would become unusable.
- The Knight is no longer flagged as Undead.
- Descriptions of skills will now show even if they cannot be used.
- Radiance no longer deals damage to Doodads.
- The Arena is now bigger.
- Burn: If a unit has Burn, it will take damage at the end of its turn for 3 turns or until it is removed.
- Fire Ball: Now has a 40% chance to Burn the target.
- New Skills
- Exorcise: Remove a random Debuff from an ally and give it to a random enemy nearby.
- Death Coil: Deal damage to an enemy. Deals more damage if the target has unspent AP.
- The skill description box now covers unit Health.
- Fixed a hit-box issue for skills.
- Fixed AI moving too quickly.
- Damage text is no longer shown if a unit is hidden.
- Players are taken to an arena to face against The Lich boss who summons random Undead.
- Teams may only have a maximum of 4 units at a time.
- All unit animations are now synced together.
- New Mechanics
- The Fallen State: Undead units enter the Fallen state instead of dying. Deal damage to a Fallen unit to kill it for good!
- Added new icons for several skills.
- New Skills
- Radiance. Heal a damaged ally and deal that as damage to enemies near it.
- Lance. Deal damage and pass through target if able. Reset Lance if a unit is killed in this way.
- Summon Ghoul: Spawn a Ghoul for your team.
- Raise Fallen: Enable a Fallen unit to fight again.
- Consume Fallen. Destroy a Fallen unit and heal yourself fully.
- Enemy AP is no longer shown.
- Fixed various skill description typos.
- Heal no longer targets Doodads.
- AI units should now use all available skills if they have a target.
- Movement cost is now shown on move-able nodes.
- Added torches which can be controlled with Fire-based skills.
- Some dialogue has been removed.
- Buttons are now displayed above unit information.
- Fixed a bug with Teleport Skill.
- Skill Buttons can now be toggled by clicking them.
I'm looking to add some more movement options for the Barbarian as he feels a bit clunkier to control. For example there's a new upgrade called "Charge" which gives the Barbarian +1 AP when he moves next to an enemy. This allows him to more easily move and attack.
They'll be substantial changes all-round in the next update! Excited to implement them :)
Nice one! :D
A game over screen is in the works! As well as a scoring system (and an online leaderboard for Android eventually).
There are lots of upgrades still to implement. The current Sorcerer deck of cards is probably about half complete. For the 1.0.0 release, I'll have three classes with different abilities and upgrades: The Sorcerer, the Barbarian and the Cleric.
I plan for every class to have an ally skill. For the Sorcerer, it's a fire elemental. For the Barbarian, he'll call upon a random brawler to help him and the Cleric will mind control enemies to his team and each of these will have their own upgrades for them as well.
Thank you so much for playing! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far!