Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Recent community posts
I'm Johnny and I'm based in the middle of England. This is my first jam and I want to start building a portfolio because the dream is to make a living making games, apps and doing voiceover work.
You have to start somewhere! I've been coding as a hobby for years now. I've used libgdx, GameMaker and now I've settled on Godot. But now I just want to complete something , anything! :D
I love the theme! I'll be making a simple game where the player builds the various LGBT flags as a sort of educational quiz game. I'm keeping the scope small.
I'm looking forward to seeing what others create!
Thanks for the feedback as always!
Soon after implementing the shop I wasn't really happy with it. I'm thinking of changing this in the future. I have a few ideas but I'm not sure just yet. I may very well go back to the upgrade-tree like system I had before. I imagine it'd be easier to implement in Godot than in GameMaker so that's certainly an option.
This would clean up the shop a bit too.
I'll probably have items be a one-time purchase and then the player can equip whatever they've purchased in-between stages.
As a side note a unit can only have one item at a time but this isn't communicated yet. The 5th skill slot is reserved in-case I need it in the future (like for boss specific mechanics for example)
Stages will get more interesting in the future for sure! I just wanted a base to work on and adding randomised terrain is a bit more work.
I might try and limit the scope of the game a bit and just have that previous arena mode you mentioned. We'll see. Alpha is alpha!
The house could be used as a place to heal in the future. We'll see what happens when I shake things up a bit! ^_^
I'll try something in the next update in regards to the tile items!
As always, thank you so much!
Nice one! From a design perspective, I'd like harder stages to be challenging but when a solution is found, they can be consistently beaten like a puzzle.
Ah! The Barbarian got attacked by that there Ghoul. He has Slow until the end of his next turn. I'll look to communicate this better - I have the systems in but they're not obvious yet. They're at least shown in the Combat Log but I'll work on it in the mean time :)
The classes will be similar but already the Barbarian is different by replacing his Whirlwind ability for Stomp which pushes units away to use the new push back mechanic.
The newcomer Rogue will have a Steal ability to make getting items trivial. I'm looking at how I can make them interact with items in more interesting ways also!
Thanks so much!
Hello there! Thank you so much for playing as always! :D
1. More classes will come don't worry! :)
2. You know I think this is a performance issue to do with particles. I'm going to change this in the future because I'm not happy with it either.
3. I assure you it's possible! I send the rats to deal with the Cleaver to the south and then move them to the Obelisk while the Barbarian soaks and deals damage to the other two. These are stages I threw together to have a base that I can build on; the difficulty curve will get smoothed out no worries!
4. Oh boy. Look what I did today!
5. Hmm standard movement is 2. Should not be able to move as far as 4. Movement costs 1 AP so if the character has 1 AP, it can only move 1 space.
6. See 3, 4 and BOOM: Power Spike.
7. That's good feedback! I'm worried about cluttering things but I'll experiment with making it obvious that it can't move with you like other items. I want these items to be contested. That's the idea anywho!
Thank you so much! :D
I don't think so. At least that is what I believe happened. I summoned a pet right after I got the upgrade. He was killed by the Cereberus boss and it spawned an ember. I used the ember and it healed me. If I recall correctly, this happened in the arena.
BUG ALERT. This is not intentional and has been fixed now. I'll add a small update in the next few days addressing this.
Glad to hear the changes are moving things in the right direction!
When I started the game out it asked me who I want to be, I chose the sorcerer but then suddenly saw I had about 136 or so gold. Not sure if that was intended or left over from a previous save I had.
I think maybe the HTML version now saves progress? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend to understand the HTML module hehe.
I love the idea of the arena! Absolutely love it.
That's great! I wanted to bring it back from the previous version. They'll be leaderboards (when I figure them out) and it'll keep a record of your top score. Rarer items will also be unlocked through it.
But the potion of healing didn't drop despite finishing the quest where it dropped.
Ah yea this is a bug. I changed the layout of the Arena and that removed the Potion spawning. It'll be in the next build.
I like the new swap places ability but I haven't yet to solve that puzzle quest yet.
Excellent! I don't want them to be too easy ;)
Now fire damage does same damage on fire mobs and they get burn. I would suggest either reduce damage by 50% or eliminate burn. So they can't be burned. I wasn't able however to test whether burn damages them or heals them since they die fast and the boss already had burn on him (not by me) so I wasn't sure if it works or not.
Burns do heal them for sure. I thought about reducing Fire damage to them but I feel that might be overkill even though it makes perfect sense thematically. Hmm.
Once you get burn heal + summon + ember you are pretty much a damage machine that doesn't die all that easily any more.
Good to know! Just to note: Fire Elementals don't drop Embers to heal other units if they are destroyed by enemies. I'm hoping that rewards careful play. Thank you for taking a look! :D
Hello! I've made some changes to the Sorcerer.
Here are the current card upgrades available for the Sorcerer.
Notable changes include improvements to the Summon Elemental skill and now Scorched enemies take extra damage from Frost skills (Blizzard). This should make it a bit easier to complete the Scorched stages. Fire Elementals are now also vulnerable to Blizzard (they're Fire after all!) but they now have a ranged skill so they can be kept out of the way.
After the tutorial, all 9 stages unlock so you can test to your heart's content!
Next up is a Barbarian, then the Cleric.
Any feedback on the changes would be appreciated!
- All levels unlocked for testing after the tutorial.
- Increased level cap from 10 to 14.
- Bosses now gain +1 Rage at the end of their turn.
- Bosses now always use Rage ability at 3 Rage.
- Scorched units are now weak to Frost skills.
- The Sorcerer has been tweaked.
- Mini bosses now have 15 health
- There now is a Potion of Healing on the ground at the start of the Arena.
- When an Arena stage is completed, AP and skills are refreshed.
I can confirm that the save file gets caught in Brave's cookie blocking software - disabling it for the site allowed it to work as intended.
Have you played any other HTML5 games that use saving with Brave? I'd be curious as to if they work was well!
Thank you for bringing this up :D
Hmmm man that's very strange as the next stage should unlock as soon as you enter Junk's Shop. When you exit Junk's Shop it should be there!
What's the screen you see when you load the game again? Is Junk's Shop unlocked at least?
It may be that for some reason the save function isn't working. What browser are you using?
Currently it should go: Tutorial -> Visit Junk / Purchase upgrade -> Complete Sewer Clean-Up -> (Purchase new upgrade if enough Gold) -> King Gloob -> Undead Round-Up.
It's possible to play Sewer Clean-Up and Undead Round-Up multiple times for extra Gold and upgrades if a Boss is too difficult.
Sewer Clean-Up and Undead Round-Up each should have 3-6 units in each stage.
When all of the enemies are defeated in a stage, the Gold you acquire there is saved and the next stage is unlocked.
This shows the basic gameplay loop with a very limited selection of stages and randomisation. I plan on adding more random elements and challenges for replayability in the future :)
Do you have access to all of these stages?
- Bosses now spawn on visible tiles.
- All other enemies are destroyed when a boss is defeated.
- Frozen tiles now cause units on them to have -1 Movement.
- Frozen tiles now cost +1 Move to travel to.
- Frozen tiles now last 3 turns instead of 4.
- Fallen units now fade after 2 turns.
- Elementals are now Fireborn and are healed by Burns.
- Removed Howling Winds card.
- Rage: Some units gain Rage to use on powerful abilities.
- Now has Rage.
- Gains +1 Rage when damaged.
- At 3 Rage, King Gloob splits into smaller Gloobs.
- Ghouls gain +1 Power when they consume a Fallen unit.
- New Unit
- Gains +1 maximum Health when they consume a Fallen unit.
- Capped screenshake to avoid jerkiness.
- The camera now doesn't move when cards are showing.
- AI units now move to better targets.
- Added a Hint box.
- Re-arranged enemy spawns.
- New Mechanics
- Frozen tiles: Units on Frozen tiles can't move.
- Scorched tiles: Units on Scorched tiles take damage.
- New Boss
- King Gloob: Spawns Small Gloobs when damaged that deal area damage.
- New Cards
- Bitter Cold: Units hit by Blizzard have their tile Frozen.
The maximum number of units the player can have at one time is now 3 instead of 4.
- The game will now cycle through 4 music tracks.
- New Mechanics
- A level up mechanic has been added.
- When enough enemies have been defeated, the player draws 3 Cards from the Class Deck and chooses one to improve their character.
- Each Card has a rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary) and a unique bonus. They can:
- add New Skills
- improve existing Skills
- increase character damage and health
- and more!
- The Sorcerer class has been added! She comes with her own deck to draw from. The new Cards are listed below.
- New Cards:
- Blizzard: Deal damage to an enemy and all units near it.
- Teleport: Move up to 2 tiles away. Ignores obstacles.
- Ignite: Your Fire Ball now has an 80% chance to Burn instead of 40%
- Little Snowflakes: Allies now take half damage from Blizzard.
- Unbound: Your summoned Elementals gain +1 Movement.
- Focus: Gain +1 Power.
- Underdog: Gain +3 Power while you have 5 or less Health.
- Summon Elemental: Summon an Elemental to fight for your team.
- Combust: Your Burns deal double damage.
- Unstable Teleport: Your Teleport now deals damage to all units nearby the target.
- Sorcerer's Will: Gain +5 Maximum Health.
- Energize: Your maximum AP is now 3 instead of 2.
- Large Chest: Gain +100 Gold. (Not fully implemented)
- AI units no longer target Doodads (Torches, Barrels etc.)
- Heal text is no longer shown if the unit is not visible.
- Unit's can no longer be healed 0 health.
- Doodads can no longer be Burnt.
- UI tweaks.
- Asset updates.
- New Cards:
- Fireborn: Burns now heal you instead of dealing damage.
- Howling Winds: Units hit by Blizzard have -1 AP next turn.
- Warp: Teleport now has 8 range instead of 2.
- Gremlins and Hounds are now Fireborn and heal from Burns.
- Added screenshake.
- Tidied up a few assets.
- Gold: Enemies now drop Gold.
- Mulligan: Players can spend Gold to redraw Cards from their deck.
- Animations now sync with each other once again.
- Dazed units now move the correct distance.