If anyone is interested I also did a letsplay of the remastered actual game as well :)
Recent community posts
So my buds and I did a video of this game the other day and gave our thoughts as we played. Myself, an avid TOME fan, my roommate with a casual familiarity with TOME, and my third person with no experience with TOME, here to judge the game clearly on its own merits.
- Animation and art style are very cute and appealing
- Love the idea of having your party follow you
- Having Mario RPG-style combat where each type of action is tied to a button is a great homage
- I did not notice any bugs during my playthrough as a Crystal Cybernetic Brawler on a PC.
Cons (and I'm sure this will all be tightened up in the full release):
- party members fall too far behind when moving around
- when you teleport, your allies should teleport with you
- basic attack timed hits would be easier with a gauge to show when to hit
- magic attack gauges should remain on screen for a couple of seconds before requiring you to start pressing buttons
- when choosing a target for a skill or attack it should show the highlighted enemy's HP
- dialogue should not autoforward in case someone isn't paying attention during any one line
- for characters too far off to the left their four-button menu at the start of their turn gets cut off