1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Whats up guys and girls? My name is Andrew Lillie. I'm studying infromatics and game design at Indiana University and recently finished up my first year.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I wasn't in the last game jam but i'm joining this one because I finally feel like i've learned enough about game development to put something out into the world.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I like a lot of games but some that are especially important to me are Megaman, Street Fighter, Psychonaughts, Pokemon and Team fortress 2. The game i'm working on for this jam is a Megaman inspired platformer. Since the flop imo that was Mighty No.9 I guess I want to take a crack at improving the megaman formula. My goal is to have a playable level and maybe even a boss fight ready by the time the jam ends.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I've dabbled in just about every engine but the two ive spent the most time with are gamemaker and unity. As far as what ive done not a whole lot besides a bunch of prototypes that have never seen the light of day. I also enjoy making pixel art and have been making alot of improvements as of late but I still suck at animating.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Well besides games the next thingI'd say i'm into is music. This whole summer has been planned around going to different shows and festivals all over the midwest. Some of my favorite bands are STRFKR, Tycho, Modern baseball, Cherub, The Front Bottoms, Run the Jewles, The Wonder Years, and Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra. Me and my real close group of friends all explore music together and are always looking for new stuff to listen to. If anybody here ever wants to share or talk about music i'm always down!