How do I open the door?
Recent community posts
I think you have a solid ground for this game. I would have enjoyed if there were more types of enemies and bullet patterns. I like that you have implemented that you can see how much ammo and heat (I think?) you have on the crosshair, since that's where you're looking at most of the time. I also enjoyed that you had some storytelling with the objects in your scene.
There are some technical things that needs to be solved for this to get an even better feel, like the main character clipping through some of the walls and not being able to enter all spaces because their hitbox is too big. You might want to make the hitboxes for the walls a bit smaller?
Hello! I'm just going to give you some feedback since the rating doesn't allow me to.
1. First of all, I don't know what this game is about. Moving rocks and jumping? I have no idea where this game wants to go. Why am I moving rocks? Why am I ledge grabbing? Is there supposed to be more story elements to the game in the future? Is there a reason to why it is autumn? Who am I playing? What is my characters goal? Why am I moving these rocks? I think having a clear idea what your game is about and what it's meant to convey is the most important part of game making, and unfortunately you're lacking on this. Maybe you have a great idea and you didn't have the time to implement it, I don't know. Some good questions to ask yourself in the future might be
- What do the game mechanics tell me about the game?
- What is my goal as a player, and how do I tell the player about what they should do inside the game?
- Do the game mechanics match the atmosphere of the game? Why, why not?
And most importantly, - What is the essence of this game? (And let's implement that as fast as possible)
2. I frequently got stuck below rocks. I could also ledge grab and jump at the same time, which made both me and the rock fly into the air.
3. Is there an ending? I went to the end of the level with the three rocks and levitated up, but there was nothing there. Did I miss it?
4. The levitating thing moves extremely fast with a mouse and I ended up outside the level several times.
Hello! I'm just going to send you some feedback since I don't have the opportunity to do so with the ratings. (SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED IT)
1. The camera controls are very hard to use, which is off-putting. I would suggest you using an approach where you have left mouse button as just clicking objects and holding in right mouse button to look around, so I can both click and look around if I want to.
2. The text when reading the book is auto-scrolling. Fortunately I am a fast reader, but everyone can't read that fast. I think you could have used a button to press like with the inner monologue and dialogue so that everyone has the chance to read your story.
3. I really like the touch with the statue. I honestly think that's the best thing about the game. The reason why it's so good is because in this game, you're meant to explore and pay attention to your surroundings to find out more, and the statue lets you both think for yourself and rewards you for being attentive. I would have loved more of that!