1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
I have been Dire Sloth for many a year now. I'm in my late 20s and am interested in making 3D games as a hobby.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what
do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for
I was not part of the last one, though I think I lurked around the Discord back then. I decided its finally time to start teaching myself how to work with Unity and making the games I keep thinking of.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
My favorite games are ones with excellent writing (Undertale, Night in the Woods) or environment design (which is why I still have a bunch of Assassin's Creed games hogging my hard drive). Games that have excellent worlds inspire me to start making my own world.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I have a teeny-tiny RPG Maker game here on itch.io, which is barely ten minutes long but I made most of the assets myself, so I'm fairly proud of it.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I have an intensely love-hate relationship with Steampunk - I love the concept but very rarely find games or stories that use it to its full potential.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
I'm hoping to become basically competent in coding C# so I can go on to make some sort of 3D exploration / survival crafter in Unity someday.