Today I noticed that while importing my OBJ into blender, the 'group export' from AF is broken. After doing a bit of investigation I found out that all of the group names in an obj export are named "(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)". EDIT: I suspect this may only happen to Clone created blocks.
This causes blender to treat the import as if there is only 1 object group. I reverted versions a few times and found that 1.2.1 (#37517) is the last version where OBJs would export non-merged blocks properly.
I will attach a WinMerge/Blender screenshot showing the difference between a 1.3 and 1.2.1 export of the same .model file.