This is a masterpiece
Recent community posts
Hello! I made a list of things I ran into trouble with/would have liked while working on my game in the last jam - here's a quick list of them:
- I copied/pasted most of the dialogue in from google docs where I wrote the script, and found that I had to replace a lot of punctuation in Bitsy (mainly " and ') else it would display as weird characters in-game.
- I wanted to have carriage returns in some of the text but wasn't able to as it cut off the dialogue at that point in-game. It also automatically deleted the text from the paint tool/game data sometimes if there was a carriage return
- I would have liked to be able to rearrange the order of sprites/tiles/rooms etc. in the paint tool/room editor
- Maybe being able to re-name rooms as well?
- I would maybe mention about walls in the 'about' section as I didn't know how they worked at first
- Being able to select a tile from the map as well as from the tile editor (I accidentally replaced tiles on the map quite a few times because I forgot you can't do this :p )
- Maybe the ability to shift entire rooms up/down/left/right tile by tile - in a couple of places I found that I had placed everything in slightly the wrong place and had to replace all the tiles one by one
Hopefully some of this is useful anyway! :)
Thank you! oh name bars would be really cool actually, maybe as an optional thing? I actually made a list of a few suggestions/issues I had while making the game, maybe I could send it to you? What would be the best way to do that?
Thank you! Haha it was really challenging ><! Trying to make them feel individual in a 8x8 sprite was really fun! The fact that you can't have dialogue back and forth made it really interesting to try and work around too :)
thank you so much :) I'm kind of humbled it had that effect! The soundtrack was almost an afterthought, and I'm glad I put it in! It's amazing though as soon as I decided to put the sound in I started noticing sounds around me a lot more - like, I never really noticed before that rain is made up of loads of layers of drops hitting various surfaces with different materials, I guess they all merge into one when you record the whole lot though!