First off: LOVE the game, absolutely brilliantly designed and implemented <3
Suggestions below are only to facilitate more time with it and being able to recommend it to more people :D. As such, my requests are mostly ergonomics/QoL and accessibility focused:
- An indication of the last shop opportunity if about to leave while still being able to afford more things.
- Floor number indication while in shop.
- Highlight available destination tiles on card hover. Would maybe combo nicely with:
- Confirm move by clicking again on, or dragging card onto, on of those highlighted valid tiles.
- Keyboard shortcut for cycling through cards instead of mousing over, to show available destinations as suggested above and to show cards' general info and powerup text.
- Include damage reduction from armor in "You will take x damage" text on tile hover.
- Clearly distinguish 0-damage tiles given current armor -with some unique look or just by making nonzero dmg tiles a little more clearly bounded (many ticks all over the board are tricky to separate into tiles sometimes).
- Clearly distinguish tiles which would be fatal given current armor -maybe reserve the skull graphic for this or somesuch.
- Undo option, limited like in Into the Breach or unlimited as maybe a difficulty setting.
- Keyboard hotkeys for ending turn; leaving shop; leaving intro area (but not before player has accomplished these things once using cards -it teaches the mechanic so nicely!)
- Option to visualize and slow down / insert a small pause between effects so that it's easier to understand why e g killing a Matron using a card with diagonal splash doesn't also kill the freshly spawned Sacs; or why pushing a nimble unit using a card with Splash doesn't use up 2 of its charges.
- Option to previsualize where a Nimble unit would move to.
Hope some of these fit your vision! Stay amazing! <3