1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hey! I'm Ashanti. I'm 19, a comic artist and illustrator, and way excited to be participating in this jam.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I didn't hear about the first jam until it was over! Making games is something I've always wanted to do, and this seems like a really great environment for getting started with it.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
I've always loved games, but some (old and new) favorites are Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Cave Story, the older Fire Emblem games, and Hatoful Boyfriend haha....I've got tons of games I enjoy, though. What I take away from all of my favorite games is a good time and a real sense of the love and care put into them by the people who made them, and I want to create a similar feeling in what I do!
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
None. I have plenty of experience with the visual art side of things, and a little experience with a couple programming languages. I'll be using RenPy for this one.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
Storytelling! Big time. I think it's one of the most important things we can do as humans. I'd like to tell powerful stories through various mediums, including games.