Just tried the demo and backed the game on KS! Here are some first impressions:
- I like the sprites! They look a lot less stiff than Soulset's. I'm also enjoying the way that there's some body diversity (including Roscoe actually looking like a middle-aged uncle). The only thing is that Kevin's pose makes it seem like he's staring over everyone's head while he talks to them, which is a bit silly.
- The CGs also match the sprites better this time!
- The prophetic dream opening is a bit cliché. If nothing else, I hope it gets explained and justified later down the line.
- Really liked the way you integrated the succubus thing into an everyday conversation. (And good on Himari for calling Kevin out on being all slut-shamey.) Is it just demons, or are there other supernatural creatures that are a normal, accepted part of the world?
- Love the character relationships that have been established so far. You've got a good group dynamic going, plus interesting individual ways the characters play off each other. (I'm allowed to ship Himari and Sylvia, right?)
Anyways, great job so far! Seems like this is a smaller project than your last game, but I've got high hopes for it.