Hi, just bought this and checking it out, couple of newbie questions:
1. How do you select text in the coding application? The default script has a lot of tutorial text comments, and besides being too long for the text editor, it also is very tedious to remove in order to start coding our own stuff. I also cannot find a copy-paste or way to move blocks of text around, which is pretty important for editing/sorting code.
2. I bought the special package that comes with Draw and Tune as well, thinking these were extensions for the base game maker (Make). They all installed to different places though, and Make doesn't seem to have any new features after installing the other two. They also all installed their unique desktop shortcuts, and won't see each other's data. How do I hook these up so I can use all the features? Or have I misunderstood how these tools work together?
3. Is there any syntax highlighting I can turn on for the code, so I can see clearly if commands are valid or not? How about autocomplete? I must confess while I love working with limitations, I can't really code from memory due to having some real life limitations that make remembering code keyword spellings/cases very hard for me. Pico8 for example turns keywords pink, which helps tremendously when I can't remember if a lua/engine command is "draw", "Draw", or "drw", for a quick example.
Ideally I would be able to read a list of commands while I had the coding tool open. But I know most normal people seem to be able to remember this stuff, so I can accept that I need to alt-tab to a manual like I do with Pico8.
4. Speaking of which, is there a manual for the code and engine commands, plus some basic "how to use this in lua"? I know of the tutorials, but I would rather have a quicker reference while exploring the engine/tools myself.
5. The current version also seems to have some text overlapping the controls in the code IDE. You can see this by simply trying to edit the tutorial/default file. The vertical scrolling tool will end up with text from older lines overlapping it.
I know these are the sorts of questions a discord would be for, but the invite link above seems to have expired. (Or possibly I don't have permission, it's just the default error from discord about being unable to join.) So I hope you will forgive me for posting here.