I know this is an alpha demo, but I thought I’d throw a few things out there just in case. I like what I see so far — the art, sound, music, atmosphere, and gameplay are all very satisfying —, and I'm very much keen for the full version. :D
- It would be nice to have keyboard-focused controls, like Tales of Maj’Eyal (TOME) and ADOM (numpad directional keys for movement). This is especially important, as moving too far ahead via mouse input means potentially walking to your death. Yet it feels claustrophobic to point only at squares adjacent to your character.
- The loot box needs a ‘send to inventory’ shortcut key. For example, holding shift and clicking an item sends the item to the inventory. I don’t always want to take all items, and I don’t always want to drag and drop items across.
- When looting, the ‘take all’ button needs a shortcut key (such as ‘f’ to take all).
- Is there a shortcut for switching weapons in the full version? If not, that also needs to exist.
- Escape should exit out of both the uppermost windows (which it does) and any selected ability, before opening the pause/settings menu.
- The loot box ‘take all’ button needs a tooltip to describe what the arrow does.
- I have no idea what that red broken shield means on the item tooltips. It also took a moment to realise the icon was a shield.
- It would be nice if the keys on the hotbar were visible by default to make it easier to add abilities to the preferred keybind instead of simply guessing. Alternatively, the moment you start ‘dragging’ a skill, all keys on the hotbar should appear.
- The tooltip speed is a bit slow, especially when you’ve just opened a window.
- I'm not a fan of the writing. There are a few typos, and a lot of awkward phrases. I assume some of this is a translation issue, and much is just placeholder text.
- It’s distracting to have ‘my character’ continuously talk, but I assume that’s there for the demo.
- The rest mode is awkward to use. There needs to be a rest mode shortcut, especially as when you get hungry or thirsty while resting, the resting mode turns off, but doesn’t exit out of the ‘mode’ menu, making it a bit awkward to get to the inventory to eat.
- Items shouldn’t explode away when you close a loot container without taking any items, and items shouldn’t fall onto the floor when you add an item to a loot container. If I put a pair of boots or some rotten cheese in a cupboard, my intent is to get them out of my sight or to use the cupboard as temporary storage, not to clutter the floor with junk.
- In black/dark areas that I have not yet explored, I can still mouse over the area and see icon popups.