Is there any way to fix this error?
I do not know what the mistake is, but I will try to help.
The problem is as follows: https://itch.io/app expects you to upload the contents of your game to itch.io, but instead all it sees is
- A single executable (Struggle Offensive Launcher.exe)
- Which requires administrative privileges to run
I don't know what your Launcher does, presumably it's able to update the game
Here's what I recommend instead:
- Use https://itch.io/docs/butler/ to upload the game
- the instructions are easy to follow, promise!
- Don't upload the launcher to itch.io, upload the actual game directly
- Encourage users to use https://itch.io/app to play (from this thread, it seems many already do)
Using butler, you can upload up to 30GB, so size shouldn't be an issue. When uploading a new build, it'll only upload what's changed, so it'll be fast for you. Your players too will also be always up-to-date, since https://itch.io/app will download "patches" instead of redownloading the full game every release.
Finally, test it yourself using https://itch.io/app - it seems many players use it these days :) If you run into any issues, feel free to open a thread on this issue board, or to contact itch.io support directly (make sure to mention the word "butler")
Thank you for the suggestion. But we prefer to use our own launcher. Because we will continue with this launcher in the future.
Could you send a photo?