1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
I'm Joel / Giant Gough!
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I did not because I didn't know a newbie oriented jam existed. So now that I'm aware, I've tinkered around a bit and I'm hoping joined this jam will give me more motivation to get one of my ideas going!
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Dark Souls is probably my favorite. Legend of Zelda is another big one. And I like games that tell a story or make you think about stuff. All of these have given me many ideas over the years. I've only just very very recently started tinkering around with actually creating stuff.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I have made clones of arcade games in Game Maker Studio, but nothing more than that. This time around I'm planning on diving into Unity.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
These days it's pixeling and webdevelopment! All my hobbies seem to alternate which one takes up the most of my time, but currently it's those two.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
I've got an idea for an adventure platformer I'd like to have a polished MVP for at the very least. I plan on doing all art, music, design, and programming myself. If I can get a game that has most of the features and feel I want finished within the two weeks time, even if it's just one or two levels, I will consider it a success and flesh it out more after the jam.
7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?
I am new jammer!