I randomly stumbled upon this little engine and I have to say I'm loving it!
Just going to weigh in my opinions real quick:
- The ability to apply wall settings to all rooms at once is really nice, but is it possible to have tiles maintain their wall status when creating a new room? With a lot of tiles, it gets a little annoying to go through them all and add wall settings to each whenever I make a new room.
- Is it possible that we could get a downloadable version of Bitsy? I lose access to wifi quite a bit and it would be nice to take the engine on the go.
- It would be really cool to see rpg mechanics implemented in this. You could add a lot more depth to Bitsy games if you create a way to create enemies and pickups. Maybe even a classic roguelike inventory system?
- When using Bitsy, I saved and ran my game and it deleted half my room and my avatar. The engine also prevented me from editing the room after. Here's the html file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1z35XmAW8i_b3FDR...
- I would recommend maybe renaming Bitsy to "Bitsy Engine" or just "Bitsy". "Bitsy Game Maker" sounds a little weird to me. (just my opinion though. :/ )