Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

might be too late but

A topic by hydralisk98 created Feb 21, 2021 Views: 167 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

As I am trying to design a simple Zach-like out of “Baba Is You”, “Paradise” and affirmative paradigm, and I got stuck at the “how do I design the machine and the puzzles?” step. I know a reasonable amount of programming, used some XXIIVV-HundredRabbit toys and got some Zachtronics titles (loving more TIS-100 than further-onwards games like Shenzhen I/O) but I don’t know how to design such a machine, and therefore most puzzles. However, I do see some puzzle models in my head, like comparing vessels’ values, drawing on a screen and playing chiptunes. Thanks for reading and responding to my query. ^^

(+1)

Oh I was thinking about participating as well, even though it might be a bit late.

I'm not sure if I understand well, but you want to design a machine/an artificial programming language?

Then I think you should first design and then write an interpreter for your language, there are some tutorials on the web

Yep. Good to know, thanks alot for the direction and the tips.

Host(+1)

The best advice I cam give is to just start, and iterate later if something feels too hand-holdy or tedious.