Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

[devlog] graffiti vn

A topic by Dawn's Ghost created Sep 10, 2017 Views: 327 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 9

I've yet to come up with a name but I am creating a short VN about two girls who meet at abandoned places... one who is a graffiti artist, another who just really likes to take pictures...

graffiti artist is designed so far, probably going to make a lot of changes to what I have drawn bellow though

I also want to implement a part of the game where you can add your own graffiti, like a part where you can draw and then close out when you're done maybe? We'll see if I can figure out how to do that with Renpy...

My biggest struggle right now is the name, so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be fantastic! I'm working on another game at the moment that isn't for the game jam (a game where you play as a ghost hunter and date ghosts) that is named "School Spirit: A Bootiful Romance" so any suggestions that are of that nature (I love puns) would be awesome :D

A friend of mine said "Say it Don't Spray it" but I think that gives off the wrong impression lol

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pdate?????????????????

I'm spending so much time on this one sprite rip me

Title idea: Met an Angel in a Heaven Spot

This sounds like it'll be really cute. I'm looking forward to this one. :D

thank you so much I hope it'll turn out to be a game you enjoy!

Sad News: Absolutely no progress has been made since my last post, because not only did renpy mess up for me (which I fixed eventually at least) but my tablet is now broken.

I'm really confused here with my tablet because I am a lefty with a wacom intuos 4, and one of the ports was broken right? Well, it WAS right, until I plug it in today and the ports.... switched? the one that is broken is now the left handed one? I am thoroughly confused on how this happened, but fine whatever I'll use the tablet upside down until I find a way to fix this........ or not because NOW pen pressure won't work either :(

I doubt I'd be able to afford any repairs or anything let alone get a new one, so I'm going to see what I can do to fix the port (Its like, unaligned?  the one side is just pushed back where it cant be reached by the plugin on the cord... a friend of mine its pretty good with taking apart computers etc so he's going to look at it and see what we can do and hopefully not destroy it anymore than I already have)...

Overall worst case scenario if I can't figure this out and run out of time I'll still make the game it'll just not make it in time for the jam I guess :/ I'm just a broke kiddo trying my best

update: afformentioned friend looked at it today and showed me that the left port somehow got un-sautered (sp?), he's going to try to fix it so lets hope for the best!

As for pen pressure.... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...

I've decided to use photos I've taken for the background and I got lots of new photos today so! some progress?

UPDATE: YA BOI FIX

Submitted

yay! I'm totally rooting for this project :) I love the art & the premise

Yay, I'm glad to hear that the pen issues got resolved!! And that photograph is gorgeous, you're a great photographer. c:

Making some good progress today!! This month has been so crazy for me aaaahh,,, it's application season, exams, work work work work work...

All I wanna do is work on my music and game ;-;

I'm hoping I'll get this done in time, but if I don't, I'll just put what I have up and then put the finished version up later? 

I'm just too much of a perfectionist when it comes to things, so I keep redrawing and rewriting and redoing things because I'm just never satisfied with my work '<'