Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Virtual Pets?!

A topic by babyjeans created Jan 26, 2018 Views: 1,461 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Jam Host

To get amped I'm gonna start sharing images of the Virtual Pets from yester-year... join in, share some of your faves!

For me - I have always been enamored with the O.G. Tamagotchi...

(+1)

For a slightly more recent example, anyone who's played Pokemon X/Y and up would surely know about Pokemon Amie, or whatever it's called in Sun/Moon. Due to the fact that i have many a Sylveon, yes, I've definitely used it. And kinda love it too. Makes my pokemon team feel a bit more 'alive'. 

(+1)

In my youth, I always aspired be a Metal Greymon. I think that I ended up landing closer to the Teddymon though. ;)

Jam Host

oh man, that chart is such a good reference! my idea just blew up.

Submitted(+1)

Picture link

Can't figure out how to embed directly embed an image but oh well...

Duck Life is a nice nontraditional virtual pet game where you train for duck races.  I think my game will be loosely inspired by the idea behind Duck Life.

(1 edit) (+1)

My favorite pet game was either Pets Society (from Facebook) or Nintendogs for the DS.
I don't have any images of them but I suppose they're google-able. Many hours of the late end of my childhood was spent caring for my nintendog named Tiny, I should probably dig him up from my pile of DS cartridges and give him a bath sometime... Actually, giving your pet baths will definitely be something I'll be adding to my entry.

And then I guess there's "Can Your Pet?" but that's probably taboo in a jam like this!

Jam Host(+1)

Oh yes, my wife and I reminisced about our old Nintendogs from jeesh, over a decade ago. I think that might be partially an influence for what my pet's going to be!

I am unfamiliar with this "Can your pet?" but it sounds like I might not wanna know ;)

does mary from fnac 3 have a pet? 

Also reminds me of my pet irl he was a dog we had to get rid of him 

:( for reasons 

(1 edit)

Hello Emil Macko! The chances of you reading this message is so low.. but I am very amazed of your work and I know many others are too! But if you can check out my video on your game it would be wonderful! Im a small youtuber that puts alot of time and effort making videos! P.S you wont regret it ;) Thank you! 

(+1)

There was this game called foopets - really life-like cats and doggos. I dont know what happened to it, but a lot was restricted in game because they wanted us to dish out moneys. lemme google it real quick. Yup, still exists. Looks crappier than child-me recalls. Also, it was in real-time so if you didnt log in every day they'd be taken away from you. i guess let this game be an example of what not to do, kek.