Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Info about my entry (it's a demo of a big project that I almost ended up abandoning.)

A topic by Melancholy Marionette created Apr 25, 2017 Views: 330 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (2 edits)

Hey everyone!

I'm so thankful for this game jam, I started work on a big project many months ago, put out a rough demo about 6 months ago and wasn't very happy with it :( Real life got in the way with a lot of stuff happening, meaning I couldn't even work on it for a loooooong time. It got to the point where the little amount of spare time I had went on gaming to help me relax. When I saw this, the theme reminded me of my project and how much I wanted to make this game again, it gave me the giant kick up the bum I needed and so for the past couple of weeks (I saw the notice late T_T) I've been working like crazy on it! (Pretty much started over to make things easier, I was mad about stuff and have managed to make it somewhat more likeable, plus added another route which is only half done at the moment of writing this xD)

My biggest downfall is not being very talented xD So, I'm telling the story using almost entirely royalty free stuff, (art, music and sfx, which I'm very thankful for btw) the game I'm making will always be free regardless, as I just want to contribute something and am happy to do so for free :3 What I will be submitting is whatever state the demo is, on the day before the jame ends xD I don't know if that's any good because it's probably over 30 minutes (depending on the choices made, route taken etc.) Sorry T_T

I'm so determined to eventually finish the project now that the main character (not who you play as) now has a voice actor who I'm paying out of my own money to voice the character for the entire game xD

When it's closer to 100% completed I will probably sink a lot more money into it, as I hope to commission CGs and also fully voice the rest of the cast! Not an easy task when I'm just a full time carer for my Grandma! I only get paid just enough to live on T_T

I sure as hell don't expect to win anything xD But I'm really happy to have a new lease of life with this.

It's a long, long project and I don't expect to fully complete it until probably early to mid next year; but I WILL finish it ^-^ it's pretty much all I care about at this point... I forgot to eat both lunch and dinner yesterday >.<"

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

<3

Yeah you're totally right! Before, I was really fuzzy on how everything was going to come together and along with being super busy was just unsatisfied with the direction it was heading. Seeing this jam was like a mini revelation xD I now know how I want everything to go and have clarity :3

You should be proud :D I think it's a great achievement to create anything like this!

Things would be so much easier if I were part of a team, but I suffer from anxiety and I'm not good at communicating with people :( haha, which also means I suck at asking for help when I need it >.< Maybe sometime in the future that will change!

The VA I'm working with is amazing, really loving how he's bringing the character to life :3 He's finished voicing 1 route so I have something to submit at least, he's working on voicing another route at the moment but I don't know if I can finish it in time for the end of the jam!

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

It's gunna be tight because there's a family birthday at the weekend so I won't get much time to work on it T_T haha. The VA has finished voicing everything that will be in the demo though, so now I just have to actually get that route finished so I can add his lines in. It's definitely just going to be 2 routes to play in the demo, because there's no way I'll have time to finish another one!

Still having fun, even though it takes up every second of my spare time xD

Submitted

It's getting tight for time now!! xD I think I can make it but I still have a lot to do on my list of things to finish before I submit the demo T_T

There's some additional voice acting for other characters being recorded atm that's not going to make it in because I just won't have time to cut it up and put it into the demo before the submissions are due! They will still be added afterwards of course :3

Having difficulty staying awake at this point, haha. Every night I'm staying up until about 4am, getting up again at 9am, the tiredness is reeeeeaaaaally catching up to me now. It's almost like I have one less day as well because I have things to do on Sunday, which means I really need to submit it sometime Saturday if I can.

It would be helpful if I had someone to keep slapping me every time I start dozing off xD

Submitted

At last it's finally happening, waiting on my slow internet to upload! It's 8am here... I didn't even go to sleep T_T But it should be submitted in time! I can't believe I actually made it xD I'll upload MEGA and Google Drive links since they can take the whole ZIP file in one piece... I need to split it to upload to itch.io directly as it exceeds the 500mb limit T_T

I checked it through in previews sooooo many times that my eyeballs almost fell out of my damn head, so there better not be any bugs that have randomly appeared or I will actually cry, haha.

The saddest thing was, I had to scrap all of my video backdrops because after reloading a save they wouldn't play... I read somewhere it's because you need to use macros... but I dunno wtf I'm doing so if I'd tried to figure it out I would never get it submitted in time! So they had to be scrapped.

Man I'm tired... if at least 1 person on earth enjoys this though then it'll be worth all the late nights xD