Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DAW Suggestions

A topic by AlexP-Gaming created Sep 25, 2023 Views: 191 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hi! I'm a little new to this area, so I was wondering if any of you knew of any cooperative DAWs you'd recommend? 

Thanks in advance!

Host

Welcome!

FL Studio is often known for being very beginner-friendly. If you have a mac, you might also try Garage Band or Logic Pro.

Here are some more options, but might be less beginner-friendly:

Submitted (1 edit)

Thank you so much! :D

Update: I just realized I can't afford the full FL Studio version but that the free trial doesn't let me reopen my saves...is there a workaround?

Host

As far as I know, the only workaround is to keep FL Studio open until you finish the project. But this is suboptimal for obvious reasons.

(1 edit)

Hi, technically Reaper, just like WinRar, has unlimited free trial (fully working, not crippled version), so this might be a good chance to see if this DAW is suitable for you. Personally it's my favorite DAW (mainly because of different sound design scripts).

(+1)

You can get Reason for a $1 trial for a month. It's not the easiest software to work with, but you can do drum loops really fast because of ReDrum

Submitted

I'm a bit late, sorry, but if you are still considering DAWs, you might also consider MuseScore. It currently has version 5 out, which now supports plugins and has improved sounds. I personally use this as it can also produce sheet music quickly :)

(+1)

Woop a video about free DAW's

https://youtu.be/uNN_OVvixQE?si=GbaealA_MfY0sd8E