Play gameLaser Dames's itch.io page
|How well did the game make use of diversifiers?||#1||4.346||4.346|
|How well does the game fit the themes?||#1||4.423||4.423|
|How much do you enjoy the game overall?||#7||3.769||3.769|
Ranked from 26 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
How much time was taken?
The first build took 3 hours.
The second build took 3 and a half hours and the last hour was spent fixing a horrible bug that breaks combos.
The third build was made in 2 and a half hours to compensate.
Use of theme?
I used all 3 themes:
Chain Reaction: this is a game of checkers, you try to align the enemies so that you can chain-kill them.
Negative Feedback Loop: The game has a dynamic difficulty system, the more you win the harder it gets (the music also gets more intense) also, enemies tend to move faster if there are less of them, just like in space invaders.
Novel Twist on Classic Game: This is checkers, but in real time and with powerups.
Use of diversifiers?
- Join the Trijam Discord and read the #rules channel!
- Tweet out your game with #Trijam and @GunnarClovis for a retweet! Do the same for any videos you make!
- Upload the source code of your project to your game's itch.io page!
- Make a game with dynamic music / adaptive audio / a dynamic soundtrack! (explanation: you have a style meter, the music gets more intense as your style goes up)
- Make a real-time turn-based game! (it's checkers, but in real time)
- Make a game with an invisible tutorial! (the game forces you to use each powerup in a situation where you'll understand what they do)
- Make a game that uses randomness! (the enmies are randomly positoned when a level starts)
- Make a game that can be played with WASD, ZQSD, Arrow Keys, and IJKL! (most of my games have this)
- Make a game with a main menu! In a game jam! WOW!! (I added it at the end :p)
Did you have fun?
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.