Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Regarding projects and spam entries Sticky

A topic by Tofu Sheets Visual created Apr 02, 2019 Views: 138 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (3 edits)

EDIT: I would like to apologise as the entry in question may not have been spam, just a severe interpretation of the theme. However, I will still leave this post here for informational purposes. Again, I apologise as the jam host. I had issues my last jam with actual spam entries, so I acted too hastily. To the participant, feel free to jump back in! I will learn from this mistake in future jam hostings. Thank you.

Hello jammers!

So as I had to remove an entry and participant, I would like to clarify some things as to why this happened. The entry in question had no cover image, no screenshots, and everything was written in purposefully bad spelling and grammar to the point you could barely understand it. This most certainly was probably a spam/joke entry. Despite the theme of the jam, this is not your challenge.

Your jam entry should have a cover, screenshots, and COHERENT sentences. The idea is to make a game that is so bad, you groan at it, BUT! Descriptions should be clear, because it should look like you are "promoting" your (bad) game because part of the fun is hype and disappointment. There should be at least 2 screenshots.  Inside the game is fine if you have some bad spelling/grammar, so long as you can somewhat understand it (such as "all your base are belongs to us" kinda thing, to simulate bad translation, or terrible netspeak).

Anyway, if you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask in this thread! Make your game bad, whether obviously or subtlely, but please make descriptions coherent and include screenshots. Because the spam entry even had the install instructions written incoherently, which is not good if you wish to play it. xD

Host

Edited a notice into the main post.