FAQ Sticky

A topic by at37 created Aug 01, 2019 Views: 382 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host (1 edit)

Any general questions or concerns.

(+1)

Hi :) Is there gonna be a theme?

Host

As long as it is an adventure text based game, the game itself can be about anything. If you do want a goal you could do a game about comedy, but that's just optional.

(+1)

how would you define "Excessive gore"? Are zombie/supernatural undead type of settings off-limits?

Host

I should probably be more specific in the jam page about that as well. I would primarily consider excessive gore the overuse of visceral body fluids. So, zombies are allowed as long as they are not too dramatic.

(+1)

does adventure based mean like,  zork? or could it be like a twine game?

Host

I am aware of both types of games and either should be fine as long as it can be considered a "game" and follows required rules.

(+1)

would a game like night in the woods or oxen-free be considered a text adventure? or does it have to be only text like in twine or something? 

Host

Although those are great games, I would not exactly consider them text based even though text may be a huge component. With that said, games are publicly voted on so it could be possible to create a game like your examples and still rank very well.

Would Visual Novel-type games count? Games such as Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Clannad, ect.

Host

I would consider those text based yes.