Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Check In Thread

A topic by David H. K. Jackson created Oct 03, 2022 Views: 92 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted(+1)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to create a thread to check in with everyone as we are a little over half way through the jam now. Comment here with your current progress or other thoughts. Recommendations for resources or are good too! 

The approach I used for my submission was that of Mazes & Minotaurs, who referenced fictional core rulebooks which were put out some time after the supplements were written. In comparison to a Borgesian fictional text with a fictional author, an author can also write about a fictional text that that they did not write (or at least finish). Here's a quote from the DTRPG page that evokes the feeling a little bit: 

"In its own fictional metagame alternate continuum, MAZES & MINOTAURS was the first RPG ever designed and came out in 1972 to be followed, 15 years later, by its glorious Revised rules (presented, of course, in three corebooks) – which are now available in a special, 30th Anniversary edition, from DrivethruRPG!"

Anyway, I hope your projects are going well and remember to keep self care in mind. It looks like there are a lot of game jams going on right now, so feel free to combine this idea with that of another jam, or submit an unfinished project to come back to later when you have more time.

Jam HostSubmitted

I think I’m about 1/3 done what I want done for the jam. But who knows might be a bit better than that once I tame my scope. I have a bit of writing done, some character portraits sketched (I want to paint over/under them a bit but probably wont during the jam), a 3rd party logo, and a map. Currently getting in the trenches for writing, and finalising what all the NPCs are like.

Anyway I’ve been enjoying the prompt for the Jam a bunch!

Submitted(+1)

I spent way too long imagining the fictional game I was going to make a supplement for instead of working on the actual project, but I'm back on track!
I've got my content sorted, now comes the tricky task of layout...

Submitted(+1)

I'll try to make a magazine like "Dragon" but for a fictional alternative to D&D.