SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game Jam Theme and a Request for Feedback Sticky

A topic by cloudyheavengames created Jun 16, 2018 Views: 131
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host

Good afternoon!

First off, the theme for this month's jam is very loose, the only guideline is that you make a text-based game in Java.  I will post some ideas that you can build off of in the forum.

Next, I have some questions for all of you.  From some of the forum posts, and from looking at some of your profile pages, I see there's a range of programming ability.  Some of you have some Java experience already or have even made games in other languages.

I'd like to get more information about your experience, and what you'd like to learn.

Also, I'm strongly considering changing the format of the game jam.  Instead of doing 3 separate jams for each summer month, with 2 weeks in each month for the actual game development, I think it might be better to do one jam for the whole summer.  That way, people don't have to miss out on the two week window if they have vacation or other plans, it's a more easy-going pace for everyone, and you can submit multiple games to the jam throughout the summer.

This is meant to be a fun learning experience, and I don't want you guys to get stressed out or feel rushed when you're trying to learn something new.

Do you guys think that format change is a good idea?  

Please let me know either by responding to this post, or by filling out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HSR7TY9

Thanks!

- Cloudy Heaven Games