SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Voting on Entries

A topic by Stewart C Baker created Dec 19, 2018 Views: 208 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Jam Judge(+3)

Hi everyone! 

I'm Stewart (editor-in-chief over at sub-Q), and I'm just leaving a quick message about voting.

First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank PJ, editor extraordinaire and the person who set this all up for us in itch.io's system. She's done a lot of work behind the scenes to get everything running smoothly, so: Thanks, PJ!

Second, thanks as well to everyone who's participated in the jam! It's been really wonderful to see all the great entries--and gratifying to get such a high number of entries for our first game jam. We've all been impressed with the high quality of the games you all have put together. That can't have been easy with such a tight word-count requirement, so I want to give a hearty congratulations to everyone who completed an entry. Nice job!

Now, on to voting: lots of you have been rating games already--each entry has at least six votes on it, which is awesome.

If you haven't gotten around to looking at your fellow entrants work yet, no worries! You have until 9pm on December 30th (Pacific time) to get those votes in.

I know it's holiday season for many, which may involve some travel and other requirements. I'd love it if everyone could vote on every game that's not their own--but if that's not possible, please don't stress over it.

would like to ask that each entrant vote on at least five other games, though. If you're only going to get a few votes in, I'd also like to ask that you look to the Games in need of ratings page itch.io provides for each game jam and vote on games with the lowest number of ratings first. This will help us ensure that each entry gets a fair shake.

If you have extra time, it's also nice if you can leave a comment on some of the game pages. If you do leave a comment, please make it constructive!

In addition to this voting, we'll be doing an "editors' choice" award as well. This will be me plus other members of the sub-Q editorial team, and it will run on the same time frame. 

itch.io will calculate the totals of both votes immediately after the voting period ends and should populate the winners immediately as well.

Once the winners of both sets of voting are made public, I will get in touch with the creators of the winning entries to work out details for payment and publication of their work in sub-Q. (This process may involve minor editing, just so you know!)

If anyone has questions, please do feel free to leave a reply to this thread or e-mail me directly at stewart@sub-q.com

Thanks again for taking part in this jam! It wouldn't be anything without all of you. :)

Jam Judge(+1)

Hi again folks,

We're up to at least 11 votes per entry now, which is fantastic!

If you haven't had a chance to check out your fellow entrants' games yet, there's still about a week left to do that.

Thanks!