👑 WINNERS 👑
Thanks to everyone who participated in Spooky 2D Jam 2021! We will return with Spring 2D Jam in 2022!
💀👻🎃 Spooky season is here, and SPOOKY 2D JAM is back for it's 2nd year 🎃 👻💀
Join us and make a spooky 2D game in 48 hours!
This jam takes place over the weekend before Halloween, running from 6pm BST (1pm ET / 10am PST) on Friday 22nd October to 6pm on Sunday 24th October. Voting will run until the night before Halloween, with the results revealed at 6pm on Saturday 30th October!
The two previous 2D Jams (Spooky 2D Jam 2020, and Spring 2D Jam 2021) have been great successes, with 150+ games made by hundreds of jammers and a fantastic community spirit. Let's make this one even bigger and better!
The theme is "Behind You"!
The theme will be revealed when the jam starts. Theme ideas were suggested by the jammers on the Discord server, and the most popular themes have been put to a vote. Voting closes and the theme is revealed at 6pm (BST) on Friday 22nd, when the jam begins. Feel free to interpret the theme however you want - be creative! You can also ignore the theme altogether if you want. We're not too strict here.
The 1st/2nd/3rd place submissions will win gift cards for a platform of the winner's choosing (e.g Steam, Itch.io) - $20, $15, and $10 in that order! If the winning submission is made by a team, each member will get an equal split of the prize. I'll contact the submitter of the winning project shortly after the results are revealed to sort out the prize.
The rules are as follows;
- Your game should be 2D. You can use any engine or tools you want as long as the final game is 2D. "2.5D" is also allowed.
- Your game must be "spooky" or related to Halloween in some way. Spooky doesn't have to mean scary; you are free to make a game that is "spooky" in a cute or silly way! And try and stick to the theme.
- You cannot submit a game that was made before the jam. Also, it is preferred that all assets are created during the 48 hour jam time. You can use premade assets, but you MUST declare them!
- You can work solo or as part of a team of any size.
- Do not submit a game that features excessive/offensive violence, gore or jump scares. Try and make something suitable for all ages!
- No NSFW content or any content that could be considered racist/sexist/homophobic etc.
- Please keep any discussion with fellow jammers respectful, and just be nice in general!
🗳️ RATING CRITERIA:
Rating will be open for 6 days after the jam closes, closing on the night before Halloween. The rating criteria is as follows (with equal weight for each criteria):
- Gameplay / Fun
- Graphics / Visuals
- Audio 🎵
- How much do you like the game overall?
- Is it spooky and does it follow the theme?
The jam's hashtag is #Spooky2DJam so feel free to use it to help spread the word or share your progress during the jam! 🎃