Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Methods, Software, & Hardware Sticky

A topic by CJ Gladback created Aug 27, 2019 Views: 285 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hey, y'all! I would love to hear what everyone's planning to use/using to make their songs.

I have little to no experience in songwriting or composing, so can't say for sure what methods I will use. But can list what I have access to.

Hardware:

• Piano (out of tune)
  • Guitar (can be tuned)
  • Blue Yeti mic

Software:

• Bosca Ceoil
  • Audacity
  • MuseScore
Submitted(+2)

Hardware:

• My Green Squier Telecaster
  • Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD
  • ZOOM G1Xon
  • Orange Getaway Driver

Software:

• Cakewalk
  • Spitfire Audio Plug-In
HostSubmitted(+1)

Hey, how cool you participate even if you don't have so much experience nwn
In my case I will participate using trackers and different programs :)

Software

Hardware

• PC
  • Nintendo DS
  • Smartphone
  • Palm Tungsten
Submitted(+1)

Well, Ray Nexus, your choice of instruments is really interesting. I'm not that much into electronic music so maybe usisng NDS is more common than I think :) And if I may ask, what do you use the Palm Tungsten for? Looking forward to learning some new stuff about music making. 

HostSubmitted

Well, I never learned to play an instrument, so in my case I don't have anything left but to love electronic music (? Hahaha

I use the palm to use sunvox

(+2)

I have realized that I need a very simple and restrictive setup to stop me from tinkering with the tech more than I actually make music, so my main music production setup is simply an iPad with GarageBand 馃槀

I also use an iRig keys I/O as microphone and guitar/line interface and keyboard for my awesomely overlayed synths and whatnots that I've never actually gotten around to making in any song so far :p

Yes. I'm quite the analog musician, but I want to use this challenge to try out making more "produced" songs than just me and my guitar. Let's see how that goes :) 

HostSubmitted

Very cool setup mate :D

Try use nanoloop, it's simple and really cool soft to make songs :)

Submitted(+2)

I personally use Mixcraft 6 for almost everything. I know a lot of people don't seem to care for it but it's the program I am most used to. If I want to record any vocals, I have a Rode NT1 XLR mic and interface, but that sometimes adds a lot of time and hassle - it's much faster to produce songs for me when it's entirely digital!

Submitted(+2)

I'll try something, I use FL Studio but I'll stick with it's stock plugins or free vst. It'll be fun and I'll be able to share the Zip file so you guys can open it, you'll only need to download the free vsts I list