Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What song are you doing?

A topic by jentian created Dec 06, 2023 Views: 133 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+1)

What song is everyone doing? What genre of game? Keen to hear, I'm so excited for this jam.  

I've been inspired to crank out a rough prototype already, based on the epic B-52's song Rock Lobster.  

HostSubmitted

That sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to see what kind of game Rock Lobster inspires!

Right now the idea that's bouncing around in my head is inspired by Hozier's "Like Real People Do" - something I've wanted to write for a long time. Fun fact, my desire to write a game inspired by that song is what gave me the idea to host this game jam!

Submitted (1 edit)

I used the game Telomeres by Sleep Token for my first game... But I had another idea this morning while listening to We Live in a Strange World by Spiritbox, soooo there might be another submission coming soon! 

Submitted (1 edit)

Definitely looking forward to the Rock Lobster game! I'm having such a hard time settling on one song that I might do something slightly out of the jam's bounds and make a music-inspired collection of NPCs.

Edit - actually I lied, inspiration struck and I'm now working on a game themed around Monsters by Blue Oyster Cult

Submitted

My game will be inspired by 'Sungazer', a song by Vagabonds. I discovered it when I was listening to a random playlist on Spotify, one of these lists based on your preferences etc. I didn't even look at the title, but the song got stuck in my head for some reason, and I couldn't help but think about it from time to time after that day. Then, time passed and some events in my life made me think about it again, and the lyrics became even more meaningful to me. 

Quick question: Is it possible to submit a game that was submitted to another jam already? I haven't made the game yet, but I have an idea that may fit into the 24-word RPG jam as well. But this Song Jam is my priority :) 

Oh dang, amazing choices! And oooooohhhhhhhhhhh someone else knows who Sleep Token is!!!!

I was gonna do one based on The Will to Resist by Bleed from Within (I LOVE the line about "I am the Radiance and the Abyss" and I still wanna do that sometime).

But I think I'm gonna make "The Best Game in the World" based on Tribute by Tenacious D

- ✨Beth

Submitted

Sooo the server I'm in is running a mini jam (no official itch.io jam page included) that ties into this XD Those involved each made a playlist of 3-5 songs and the playlists were randomly handed out to participants. I'm slowly chipping away at mine and can't reveal the three songs yet (we kind of want to surprise each other and they might see this jam), but I'll be happy to reveal it once we've shared!

Submitted(+1)

Gah! I forgot this didn't extend into today >.< And I just finished my game, too.

Oh well, maybe next time. If anyone is curious, the game is Journey's Shuffle based on this playlist.