Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Time to Read Shadow Dark for the First Time!

A topic by Gerard Earl Balsley IV created Jul 01, 2023 Views: 361 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

Anyone else totally new to Shadow Dark here?

haha, same. thought the concept of the game is really cool but never actually played it unfortunately

I just learned about Shadowdark today while looking up the Underdark version of the Shadowfell! 馃槅

Then I saw the Baron's post and found it auspicious. I'm excited to see where this goes. 

Submitted

I'm pretty new. Haven't been able to play it yet but I've read through the book and the first of the Cursed Scrolls. It's such an impressive system. Beautifully concise.

(1 edit)

I heard about Shadowdark from the RPGBOT something like 2 months ago and still wanted to try it out with my regular Pathfinder 2e group.

The closest I got is get them to play Blades in the Dark on a day a player was absent.

I'm using this jam just to have an excuse to play Shadowdark with some PF2 and a 5e players a few quick prototype sessions.

Submitted (1 edit)

Yup, same. I love what I've read though.
Going to try converting a half-finished 5e adventure and see how that goes.

--edit--

For anyone doing the same, I found a decent conversion chart on Reddit titled 5e_monster_conversion_chart from Phantom3649. I recommend downgrading all damage by dice type (d10 down to d8, d6 down to d4...) but otherwise what they came up with seems okay in very limited playtesting.

Anyone have similar advice or experience?