Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Concerned about rating manipulation.

A topic by Melliflox created May 14, 2019 Views: 449 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

I have fair reason to believe that one of the participants may be using alt accounts to manipulate the scoring system. This will doubtless skew the results, especially with so few people participating in the ratings.

I was unsure how to message Romsteady, so figured I would post about it here. How would we best investigate and respond to these concerns?

Submitted(+2)

I am concerned about this as well, as I saw that that the comments were deleted. I had a tab with this page open before it was deleted, so I will put the image here.

This is indeed a serious issue. I hope something is able to be done about this.

HostSubmitted

Which game?

I'm using itch.io's rating system so I have no control over how that works, but I'd like to get the information to itch.io so they can investigate.

Submitted

Assaulted.

HostSubmitted

I've reached out to itch.io's support for guidance.

Submitted

I don't think there's much to be concerned about.  Here are the current votes by project: 

Curse of Castle Killem : 12 
G.T. : 10 
The Future: A Right To Arms : 9 
Assaulted : 9 
Story Trigger : 8 
Project Cybernut: 7 
Taffer : 7 

Submitted

Those aren't votes, just the amount of people who have rated the game, correct?

How exactly is scoring determined at the end of the ratings period? Is it an average of the ratings?

Submitted

Yeah, and given mine requires people know how to set up an emulator it makes sense that it's on the lower side.

Submitted(-2)

A QUICK  MESSAGE  FOR ALL OF YOU, SOME OF YOU THINK THAT I AM USING ALTS TO RATE MY OWN GAME FROM DIFFERENT IDS, SO I HAVE AN ANSWER, @romsteady, Can see all the voting results and check all the comments that and ratings that they comes from different IPs, if you think that I used cheats and should be punished then OK, I am ready for that.  btw, those ratings are the suggestion given by the people for the games, for example Conan Game can played by an emulator, someone didn't know it so they give it some negative review, but every participate and judge know it is mod, so the judge should final the result, and one more thing romsteady the game jam host got the large number of rating then anyone else so romsteady will give prize to himself, No for my point of view romsteady should judge the Games. #Peace, and thank you everybody for supporting me and played my game it meant a lot to me :-)