Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Beware of leaderboard trolls!

A topic by Skid created Dec 20, 2022 Views: 206 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

If you made your game with Unity (maybe others too, not sure) and your name input field allows rich text, people can add tags such as <b>, <i>, <color=blue>, <size=500>, even <color=#0000> to make the text invisible. Even worse, if they don't close the tag the effect will be applied to the rest of the leaderboard text! This means <color=#0000> could make half of your leaderboard disappear.

I changed the Content Type of my text box to only allow alphanumeric characters to prevent this, and I recommend everyone do the same or find another solution before your leaderboards get messed up. You can also delete individual scores with LootLocker to remove already-messed-up entries. A limit to the length of a player's name would also help against super-long names.

Submitted(+1)

Here are a couple examples:

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for warning! 

This happened to me twice, somebody uploaded a 23-character username blocking rank 1-4, and had to delete the person from the leaderboard to fix it. and curious question can we still make bug fixes to stop the trolling, or do we have to wait till voting period is over?

Submitted

I'm here XD I saw this in the morning when I left for school but couldn't delete the score because the handy site is buggy. 

Thanks for the warning :D

Submitted

This really happened, thank you!