Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How is your progress? Let's talk.

A topic by Samu created Nov 08, 2020 Views: 151 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hi, how is every one doing? This is my first itch.io jam ever. I chose the RPG Maker 2000 for this one. Making good progress. Are we supposed/allowed to show some progress over the time? I'm super curious about your projects. Do you guys want to show some thing?

Host

I only created the jam, since I'm very busy with other things, however, I will be playing and giving feedback on games made in the jam once it's over.

You're welcome to give any progress, updates, or information you like, however, it's not required.

Submitted

Ah, finally somewhere to actually talk about progress!

Anyway, just hopped in the actual development from yesterday. Got the first part of the story fleshed out. I'm unsure if I can keep the play time as low as possible since it's quite story-based. Trying to get it done ASAP.

Submitted

Oh, I think it's quite ambitious to make a story driven game in a game jam. What maker are you using?  

Submitted

Yes, it is too ambitious and I'm cutting corners to get a MVP deliverable by the end of the jam (for barebones, I think I'm about halfway, slightly below it). I'm using RPG Maker MV.

As for why, cause that's the only RPG Maker I actually own right now. Personal budget is pretty tight and this purchase is from last year or something. I'm hoping to raise some small supports, if Allah wills, to help further development.

Submitted

This is my test scene where I created the main game mechanic. Most interactions will be based on ramming things. #sheeplife

Submitted

That is very wonderful. I'm not sure if I can compete with that due to my minimal RM experience :D

Guess this will be one serious competition :D

Submitted

Don't worry, in the end I won't have much more than a showcase of that game mechanic. I don't have much time after work. 

Host

Wow, that looks pretty sweet so far.