Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

does the weapon and player count as the same sprite

A topic by neighbourwhoownatable created Jul 28, 2023 Views: 448 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

i have more than 4 shapes in the sprite because i have a weapon also in the same sprite

Host(-1)

Nope, 4 shapes only!

Submitted

so 4 shapes of each sprite, or 4 shapes in total no matter the sprite? 

"Sprites can be made of these shapes with on more the 4 shapes each sprite"

Do you mean that you can have on a single object max 4 sprites, for example 1 triangle and 3 circles, or you can have 4 circles, 4 triangles, 4 squares etc'?

currently i'm following the max 4 sprites per Object rule :)

Submitted

4 not 12

Host(-1)

Yes, so no matter what shapes they are you and only have 4 of them, so the you can have 1 circle and 3 triangle, but not 4 circle and 3 triangle

Submitted (1 edit)

So this is an image of a player:

Its basically 4 different objects, a player, a gun, a health canvas (with 4 images, sprites), and a bullet
each object contains 4 sprites:

is this ok? :D

Host (3 edits)

// Let's have a pole, because I don't know myself! :D
on another thought it seams unfair, so no.

Submitted

gotcha, you probably should have left it with 1 sprite, that "4 sprite rule thing" is just confusing as you can create an image with 4 sprites, any object can have 4 sprites...

Host(-1)

In the next Jam I will just link to this topic to stop people form getting confused .

Does outline counts as second shape?

Host(-1)

Yes they do. If you see Dekels post you can see that the health bar has a outline which is counted as a shape.

Yeah, I saw it but I had doubts because I meant just a ball inside a ball but there was container with several squares so I wanted to be sure