Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I publish and edit project page later?

A topic by Jgurantz created May 14, 2020 Views: 460 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hello Ken and other game jam experts, 

It's almost submission deadline time. That's tomorrow! I have finished my game (yes!!!) 

but I'm not done with art for the project page--- the banner, background, font, etc. . - Can I publish and edit project page later? 

*** Just to be clear, I am not talking about updates to the files like adding new pdfs or such to the project page. I'm talking more about the look of the project page. 

Any help would be great. I've written to support on itch but no clue when I'll get a response. 

Ah, last minute. 

Thanks,

J. 

HostSubmitted

Hi J,

Yes you can do that!  You'll just upload your project again when you're done.  AND good news!  I extended the deadline by a couple days.  Hope both these things help :)

HostSubmitted

For the Tropes Jam I released "Working For The Corp".  At that point it was literally just text in a powerpoint.  As I started to make money on it through sales I hired people to first add additional cards, then do art, then edit, then do layout.  I paid for all that with money I made from the game.  Each time I had a big update I just uploaded the new file to the page.  Totally okay, all the people who have already purchased the game can go back and download the new version if they want to and don't have to pay again.

Submitted (1 edit)

Ken, first off! 

Yay to extended deadline!  ;) (although  I can feel my brain shutting down already. Need more sleep.)

Thanks for your speedy and helpful reply. 

J. 

P.S.

I can't wait to buy, read, and try out  your game "The Art of Telephone". 

My bro and I had a similar idea  long ago when we were kids but we never got our act together. 

And here you are, creating the game. Now I get to finally try it out!