Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How are you guys doing? / Progress Report

A topic by Achie created Mar 17, 2018 Views: 877 Replies: 41
Viewing posts 1 to 24
Submitted

Title says it all, i just want to ask you guys about your progress and stuff, how you feel about the jam, your project, this kind of stuff. :D

I'm nearly done with the bear basics, the hard part will come soon for me, but i think i will finnish till deadline. I hope.

Submitted

Focusing on art today, gameplay content tomorrow. About halfway finished animating my player sprite.

Submitted

I have pixels all over the hands, the concept is done, just have do make it nice

Submitted

Wow, that looks good :D

Submitted(+1)

Making a  game over screen

Submitted(+2)

Im not the most experienced game developer but i figured this would be great practice and im having fun! Hard solo though, making good progress!

(+1)

I'm trying something less ambitious this time in comparation to other jams I partipated, so the coding is basically done. Now, to the hard part: the sprites!

Submitted(+1)

I'm still heavy in coding, not sure if i'm gonna be ready :\

@Ragd0ll- I'm a starter myself too,  sooo ... :D gl

@DeltaKey - I'm pretty much at the opposite position, sprites mostly done, coding is what i need heavily.

Submitted(+1)

Well, i just finished my damage system, it's time for me to sleep, it's late here. Good luck for you guys and have a good time coding.

Thanks! Nice that your code is going well haha
Submitted(+1)

Going well is a bit optimistic, but i'm completing task at a reasonable rate :D

Submitted

Do your best guys haha !

btw who has a good website for somes little sfx ? I need it !

Submitted(+1)

https://www.bfxr.net/

Submitted(+1)

Thanks !

Submitted(+2)

I love Bfxr but if you're looking for something less noisy this one could also do the trick
http://sfbgames.com/chiptone/

Submitted

hoo thanks ! In additionnal the interface is well done

Submitted(+1)

Well, somehow I've lost any real tie to the theme other than the fact that I've never made a game with this many colors before! So I guess it still counts.. haha. Either way I am making a bit of a rogue-like with procedural generated levels in the vein of Nuclear Throne. For some reason last night I though the game jam ended tonight, so I found myself awake past sunrise working on the level generation system. I am going to add more enemies and after that I suppose I just need to add sounds etc

Submitted

thats looks cool

Submitted

Thanks!

Host

Amazing work!

Submitted

Thanks!!

Submitted

Wow, i also wanted procgen maps, but dayum ... gonna look for something else :D This looks cool btw, i hope you develop it further

Submitted

Thanks! Yeah I think the development if features is coming to an end for today, time to work on sounds and title!

Submitted

Phew, day 1 done. Didn't get as much done as I had hoped; only 1.5 out of 3 enemy sprites and maybe 70% of the game's code. Still need to leave some time for design too.

I did some basics sprites and mechanics, tomorrow I will finish the programming.

Submitted

the game was more pixelated but in unity i expanded some of the models and it made it less pixelated
but ya know

Submitted(+1)

Really excited about the jam. Team of two here is trying to get our entry done in time. Made lots of great progress today. Must sleep soon sadly.

Submitted

If this does not look awesome, i dunno what! GJ

Submitted(+1)

I've got all the game mechanics now the hard part... 

I need to think of art for my game!

Submitted(+1)

Im almost done with mine just gonna make some music and make some more levels

Submitted(+1)

Making games was never this intense. I am really excited about our little game, though! 

We're a three-man team and we're gonna have to work hard to finish this in time.

Here's a peek:

Submitted
Deleted 4 years ago
Submitted

Nice art

Submitted

Dayum, looking pretty cool

Submitted

I'm having a hard time, finding out what to use as a background. Other than that, i'm pertty okay, i've got still like 4 hours or so.

Hello, I麓m using pixel art to graphics, but, am using diffuse lights in unity. I can do that?

Submitted

I don't think this would be a problem

Submitted

Phew, done. 

Things I cut: A final boss, several sprite animations (I'm so very sorry Mr Minotaur), several puzzle types (push blocks, switches). Oh well, I got a nice 20 minute game.

Submitted

Nearly done now!!! Got all the audio working.

Submitted(+1)

Done for me too, but after the rating, i want to continue this project.
Things i cut:

My sanity
A proper background, menu, and map
Most of the sounds effect
A score saving system
Submitted

yeah i need to update the game after the jam too, there was a major bug in the HTML5 version basically breaking the entire game, unfortunately that will reduce players because people are more inclined to play a browser game. So yeah u have to download for windows now 馃樀

Submitted(+1)

Gg guys, great work! Let's see each other next time :D (i'll probably partixipate in every other, or third one)

Submitted(+1)

I just uploaded a new OSX .dmg build of Witch Color that should work correctly. (I have a lot to learn about OSX distribution processes)

If you have a Mac, please check it out