Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Translator SP-EN wanted!

A topic by Xavier Carrascosa created Apr 26, 2022 Views: 128 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

I will participate in the Parsercomp with an English translation of a game originally written in Spanish. I'm using Inform 7, the game is already programmed, I just need the translation. My intention is to use the tool DeepL, but if there is a native who knows how to translate from Spanish to English and who wants to give me a hand I would be very grateful.

Host (2 edits)

Your game is very welcome.

If you do not receive a response here, you should consider visiting the Intfiction Forum. There are a number of members there that are native Spanish speakers.

Submitted

¡Hola Xavi!

Be careful, because I know you already have cool games published in Spanish, and if you are planing to port any of them to English for this Jam, I think it is not allowed.

Rules states that "entries must be previously unreleased", and perhaps this does not applies to the game in other languajes, but as far as i understand for CristopherMerriner's answer to my question in other thread: "But let's say that anyone with previous exposure to your game isn't able to vote on it (and that basically means beta testers, since all games must be previously unreleased). "

If you are talking about translate an already existing new unpublished game in Spanish, that would be a great new!  :D

Submitted

There is an FAQ (just before all the rules) that says, "Can I enter an English translation of a game previously released in a different language?" The answer is "Yes", so I reckon you're okay.

Submitted (1 edit)

oh, is true! Ô.Ô

This stuff of rules is starting to be a funny game itself :D

Jam Host (1 edit)

Yes, correct as Garry says - an English translation of a game previously released in a different language is considered a new release, so it is eligible! 6.3 for the rulebook fans: 6.3 ParserComp considers a translation of a previously released game into the English language as a new work and therefore eligible for entry.