Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Updates +Q&A

A topic by Charley the Postman created 94 days ago Views: 234 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host

Hello everyone, how is it going? I would love to hear how your games are going, and I also have an announcement!

This jam has been a real teacher to me. Not only on how to manage a community, but also on how to manage time, stress, and creativity! There are several things however that I feel I never made clear. I will continue posting these topics in here, and you can also get some answers from me directly, if there is anything you feel you don't quite understand about this event. 

So without further ado :

(please note: the top five do include those two medals --the Community Favorite and winner, which both have equal rewards).

Submitted

My game is going great! I'm working hard to make sure everything is all that it can be! It should be done soon, I'm on the last "Chapter" as I refer to it, and then I've just gotta make credits, endings, and the UI! I'm working all alone as I prefer (I'm not very easy to work with). I can't wait to see what everyone thinks about it when i've finished! I must admit it's looking creepier then I imagined.

P.S: Are you making anything? If so, I wish you luck!

Host(+1)

Oh that's great to hear! I really like your Teasers and Trailers, because they certainly give your game an air of importance. Nice tactic man!

Also no, I'm not working on anything just yet. I mean, I have had a lot of ideas, but I have a lot of other small game features I really want to experiment with. Not to mention all of the preparation for the jam end. We have 1 month remaining, but time flies when you are having fun!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks! I look at a LOT of horror material, and it seems to me that Teasers cause players to draw conclusions, and their ideas are scarier than any ideas you could ever have, FNaF is a good demonstration of this, the trailers are generally showing very little, thus, the fanbase theorize and get themselves nice and scared before they even play the game! But I think the mystery of what they will meet is the best scare-tactic.

After all, Man's greatest fear is the fear of the unknown.

Another teaser should be coming very soon...

Host

Yeah, fear of the unknown is my favorite trick in the horror toolbox. I certainly agree with you there!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey, I have a question, in the jam overview you said you'd be getting streamers to play our games? I know you are going to be streaming, but i'm curious on who else, if anyone else, will be playing our games so we can see their reactions too!

Host(+1)

Hey, sorry for the late reply. 

YES.    We don't have any conformations yet, but I have started emailing streamers TODAY! You can send me some streamer names/emails on our Discord if you have anyone you'd like me to contact. https://discord.gg/d7gCqY84Fm

Cheers, I hope you are doing very well with your project. You certainly seem excited--and that excitement is beginning to spread to me!

Submitted(+1)

Yeah, I am very excited! This is the best jam I've participated in so far! In fact, my project is complete! I'm going to post a release trailer to create some hype, after that I will post the game on it's specified date, Look forward to it!

Submitted

Oh, and after that, I will be making Sins of The Father! Or FNaF 2 and 1/2 as I like to refer to it.

Host(+1)

Awww, that means a lot to me :D

(1 edit)

My game's good. But I'm having my exams that'll end on 15th so my game development is now trash. It's been days I've opened unity. 

im missing the inspector. 

Submitted

Gosh, sounds like pure suffering, I hope you get back on it soon!

Not that bad, thanks for the support. And the winner will get a brand new Bicycle. I will try to get it. 

Host

Dang. I know the feeling--I once took a month-long break just to work on skills apart from game dev...it was horrible. I doubt your game development is trash, perhaps you'll find some great inspiration from the break!

I hope you come back with inspiration and excitement. Good luck on the exams!

Not trash but its closed. 

Submitted

Hey, do we have to tell you what challenges we did or do you decide after you play? I'm just curious.

Host

You don't have to tell me the challenges, just the exp you gained! Though it would be interesting to hear how you did with those--for future improvement.  

Submitted

Ah, I understand now, thanks!

Submitted (2 edits)

When do you start downloading the games for the Stream? I know we a seven day period for new submissions and I have been using it to update my games, (PATCH NOTES HERE), 

so I'm just trying to make sure the game is the best it can be for the Stream... Gotta give your viewers some content  ; )

Host

Well, I have a list of every link. I will download on the eighth day, though I am still working to configure a schedule. Tryin' to schedule the stream event as well. 

Awesome work on the games by the way. You're making great progress!

Submitted

Thanks! I can't wait to see them played! Everyone else has done really good as well!