Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions! Sticky

A topic by Lone Rabbit created May 04, 2022 Views: 820 Replies: 44
Viewing posts 1 to 19
HostSubmitted

Feel free to ask questions about the jam here!

could you recommend online music composing apps for ios?..

Sorry if it’s a big ask just wondering, I have used beep box for a while now

HostSubmitted

Not online, but for ios GarageBand is quite good, it’s super easy to use/learn and can be quite versatile once you get the hang of it. Most of my songs originated from there, so yeah. Hope this helps! ^^

thank you! ^^

Random question: if we wanted to, our we aloud to make a game to go along with our music?

HostSubmitted

Sure you can! But only your soundtrack will be rated.

Ok that's cool! Thank you for answering my question

Is it fine if I use music I've made before as well coming up to and obviously during the jam for the jam?

HostSubmitted

Yep, but only if they are unreleased AND unfinished.

I know that the use of soundfonts is limited to copyright laws, but does anyone have any soundfonts that are copyright free?

The guidelines say that the tracks must appear on another streaming site, and that Soundcloud is the preferred platform. Is Bandcamp acceptable for this jam? I don't have a Soundcloud and just want to make sure I follow all the rules!

Submitted(+1)

Yes, you can use any streaming site

Heya! Me and some friends are developing a game which is far from complete, can I submit songs made for it? I’ll start composing as soon as the jam starts but already have some ideas

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Yep, as long as the majority of the composing is done during the jam, it can be submitted. Keep in mind though that there will be a theme that you need to follow as there'll be a rating category called correlation to theme.  Hope this helps! ^^

Submitted

Is Bandlab also an available option? 

HostSubmitted

Yep! You can use any DAWs/softwares you want!

Submitted

Thanks.

Submitted

Quick question, can I share my progress with the community and ask them which (work-in-progress) tracks do they prefer? (I have two slightly different action themes and I am having trouble choosing which one to include.)

HostSubmitted

Yes of course! Feel free to chat with the community in our Discord server ^^

Submitted

So i'm not sure if this is an obvious question or not, but  since the sound effects from apple are royalty free, could we use them so long as they're just sound effect? For example, I wanna use a clock ticking sound effect from the apple library, is that okay?

HostSubmitted

Yep! You can use any sample or sfx that you have the rights to.

Hiya I am joining in late but I am still joining! But my question is since I have no experience of soundcloud is that do  I have to also put the OST I am submitting on soundcloud/youtube or can I still submit it if I dont have it somewhere else than itch? Thank you also the score so I have to write everything manually up the music I mean what I have done too? this is tricky since im not used to this when I compose i just compose what comes to my head XD but just wondering if its realistic for me to consider this even at this point. 

HostSubmitted

You also have to upload your OST to Soundcloud or YouTube or elsewhere so people can stream it online.

If you only do improvisation then a video of you performing it would be fine!

Hope this helps ^^

Yes there was too many other things I had to do for this, I could have gotten the soundtrack ready but .. To learn all that rest would not be able to make it in time.. I will join this jam next time though!

Submitted

Just curious, because I didn’t see anything about pricing addressed in the rules, does the soundtrack need to be free to download if it’s on a free streaming service? If it should be free to download, is setting it to ‘name your price’ allowed?

HostSubmitted

Yes, you can set it as 'name your price'. I would say you should leave it for free during the jam rating, but when that's done you can do whatever you want with it ^^

Submitted

Got it. Thanks!

Submitted

Hi!

Is there a way I can confirm I have submitted the project to the game jam? I have it uploaded as a project and have hit ‘submit your project’ on the jam page, so just want to make sure I did everything needed.

Hope you’re all having a great day! Much thanks!

HostSubmitted

There should be a "submitted"" indicator next to your name here (see other people's), but there is not, which means you have not submitted yet, can you try resubmitting it?

Submitted

Figured it out!  Needed to make the uploaded project public (just in case anyone else needs to know).  Thanks!

Submitted

I missed the deadline by like 10 seconds, so is there no way to submit?

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hi, you can submit it as a late submission! Just DM me on Discord or send me an email with the link to your submission and the reason for a late submission! ^^

My Discord tag is Lon3r#5551 and my email is contact@alonerabbit.com

Submitted

Thank you so much! I sent you an email

Submitted

Hi I'm new to joining jams and with itch.io... can anyone rate, or just people who participated in the jam? 

HostSubmitted

Just people who participated in the jam, it's to keep it fair and to prevent, say people who have lots of friends, etc.

Submitted

Ah yeah makes sense, thanks for quick reply!

Submitted

Are we allowed to make minor changes to our entries, such as to the message from the artist, after entering?

HostSubmitted

Yup! You can edit it in the submission page.

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey Lone rabbit! First, thanks for the Jam. I really had a good time. I wanted to ask you because i think i did something wrong by submitting and my song didn't get to the Jam`s playlist. It is only if your tracks are uploaded on YouTube? Just in case, this are the ones I submitted for the jam: https://soundcloud.com/juleswineheart/sets/francisco-el-runaway?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing It would be awesome to be part of the playlist. Thanks again!

HostSubmitted

It's added in now!

Submitted

Thanks!

Hello fellow noise lovers. I found out about this beautiful event during this weekend's GMTK jam and was wondering when the next composing jam is going to be and what would be the best way for me to not miss it (E.g. is there some kind of newsletter that will be sent once the date is picked)? 

Thanks! Great job everyone, awesome tracks 🙌

Submitted

Should we be able to see how our projects were rated, now that the jam is over? It was like that with the Brackeys Game Jam (the only other jam I’ve entered so far), but I can’t seem to find the rating results on any entries for this jam.

HostSubmitted

Hey! The results are now released, apologies it took a bit long 😅

Submitted

No worries, thanks!