SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Show your stuff! (if you want)

A topic by tdelarosa723 created Sep 14, 2017 Views: 381 Replies: 21
Viewing posts 1 to 15
HostSubmitted

Day One - Outline, Concept Art, References

(My son helped me with the last one) haha my little helper. 

HostSubmitted

Bloop! - You are Bloop, the fish, trying to collect 50 coins from each map without hitting any obstacles or other fish 

Submitted

Nice! The dark one is scary!

Submitted (1 edit)

Bloop looks cool! My idea is similar to yours but it is more like time pressure/stealthy puzzle kind of game. You start with big piranha looking fish which slowly loses its pigment and has to eat smaller fish to keep its color or it becomes black and dies. It also has to keep out of the bigger fish who also have a light and can see from a far rushing towards player and doing an instant kill :D You can hide under the seaweeds and wait for the fish to pass you...  Here is a screenshot of the start of the first scene.

P.S. My pixel art sucks :D.

Submitted

I like the concept :D

Submitted

Thanks! I also included some upgrades of speed, damage taken and maximum health. You collect fish and buy upgrades which has incrementally increasing price. The game is very hard and probably I will create only 4-5 levels for now. Also have added a jelly fish enemy and currently working on mad corals enemy which acts like spikes turning on and off over time :D This is my first game jam and I am really excited to take part in it.

Submitted

My kids love upgrade games!

HostSubmitted

Wow this is great! Keep it up!

HostSubmitted

Forgot to post day 2 progress. Here you go.

Day 02 - Control Tests, Generic Mechanic Code, Brainstorm Layout

HostSubmitted

Day 03 - Level Layout, Mechanic Tweeking

HostSubmitted

Not going to get much done today but I will try to keep updates going

HostSubmitted

Day 04 - Not Much Done Today besides Animated Character Model

Submitted

This is so cool!

Submitted (1 edit)

This my progress until now. Probably wont change much as i won't have time for animations and will most likely finish level 3 and add level 4 and 2-3 new enemies/ obstacles

P.S. There are some bugs but I like to look at them as random features :D 

HostSubmitted

You have graphics, you have sound, you have UI, sounds like you are doing fine. The game looks great so far, good job!

Submitted

Thanks! I will do some finishing touches and will try to submit it today

HostSubmitted

Day 05 - Music, Character Models and Some Animations

Submitted

This is very fresh! I like the cuteness in the characters and the funny-adventure music! Where was that game when I was a kid... damn! :)

Submitted

Awh! The yellow fish is really cute, and the music has a happy mood!

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Day 06 - Model Progress, Character Animations, Level Building

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

So much left undone. There is a ton of work that needs to be done on it but I am pretty proud of it overall. I will chalk it up as a victory

Submitted

This is awesome! Love the dark level -  great idea with the scary fish holding a coin in the dark - almost got me! I like how you can see your bones left where you died last time.  Graphics are good and music is funny. Really enjoyed the game!