Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Check in

A topic by johanofkarlsson created Dec 12, 2022 Views: 190 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hello everyone! How's your work going? I've managed to put together some kind of story with barebones artwork and no choices. Now it's time to polish this thing! Where are you at in your process?

I’ve got a basic concept story-wise, a weird art style, and perhaps a few too many mechanics already implemented but it’s going pretty well! There should still be enough time to get it all together into a cohesive game-like thing.

HostSubmitted

lookin SPOOKY and very high quality

Submitted

Looking really cool! Look forward to try it soon! 

i maaaaay have overestimated my time management skills and accidentally made the story too long/convoluted to implement into renpy in just a week (at least, for someone who has never used renpy before, oops). I'm kind of toying with the idea of saving the story for later and starting on a more simple, cutesy short story since I'm still figuring out how to even implement a lot of the ideas i have >.<

i only have my own hubris and procrastination to blame lmao

HostSubmitted

i know exactly how it is my friend. renpy is a bit unwieldy at times

best o luck managing what you can

Submitted

just be kind to yourself and have fun! Use the tools and skills you have 😊

HostSubmitted

i've nearly got all my code done and now have to do a lot of drawing (i am not very good at this part)

pictured: disgruntlement

Submitted

I think there’s something to your drawings though (in a good way). Some people find the code the hard part and some people the art. We all have strengths and weaknesses. Looking forward to your game! 

Submitted

First time leading a game jam project here. The code and simple point and click mechanics are ready, music is done and art is on its way. But writing, proofreading and implementing the story is taking too long and I'm too slow.

I went in expecting we'd only manage to implement a demo/MVP. But I don't think that's a bad thing. A year ago I couldn't have imagined being in my position. It's a learning experience.

Submitted

Cool to hear! One of my goals is to learn how to implement point-and-click-features, but I'm not quite there yet :)

Submitted

I followed a tutorial from a French channel called Game Dev Alliance that covers the basics of making inventory items and a minimap with imagebuttons and imagemaps. But when it comes to actually make use of the items in an interactive way, we have a long way to go.

Submitted

Ah ok! Cool! Thanks for the tip, will check it out!

~24 hours before the finish line and I HAVE FINISHED THE SCRIPT. it is the worst thing ive ever written BUT it is also the first thing i have ever written since middle school that wasn't an essay, so im honestly just proud of myself for finishing it at all. this final day is reserved for sprites/bgs/stealing music/throwing it into renpy and I AM GOING TO MAKE THAT DEADLINE IF IT KILLS ME. good luck to everyone else

Submitted

Well done! Not every scripts gets finished you know! :D