Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

New to game development...

A topic by Dev San created May 28, 2020 Views: 505 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I am new to game development and I HAVE NEVER completely made a game before so is it fine if i join this jam? 

Yes this is my first ever jam!

Host(+1)

Absolutely! Anyone can join this jam regardless of skill or experience. We're here to support each other. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Submitted

Awesome!! No questions!

Submitted

I'm new to this as well. How do you submit?

Host(+1)

There’s a submission button on the jam page. 

This will be my first jam as well (if I can think of a decent idea...and actually finish it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Submitted

This is my first jam as well...
A learning experience for all of us!

lol same. Team?

Submitted

This is my second but my first one didn't go so well. Hopefully I do better with this one. Good luck!

(1 edit)

this is my first, too, but i'm not so new to game development

Submitted

I'm in the same boat - I've started a couple of jams, but always got a bit too ambitious to finish.  Thanks to the hosts for starting this jam - the one-button concept is a great way to keep things simple.  Looking forward to see what everyone puts together!

Host

Happy you're enjoying it.

Can't finish in time... :( Started research work, which has taken up all of my time and energy and couldn't find the time to finish up. I will eventually finish it, though and upload to my page. Oh well. Just trying to do this jam did give me what I wanted to get out of it, though, which is the impetus to try a new idea, and to work on it, and I'm grateful for that. Maybe when I get some more time I'll attempt another jam in the future. Good luck on your games, everyone. I've really enjoyed playing the ones already submitted.

Submitted

Can i post once compiler errors are free

Submitted

You can. The others can inform you if your game doesn't work on their machines, anyway.

Submitted

I uploaded it via google drive

Submitted

Also my friend tried my itch.io page and it gave her a 404. May I ask why?

Submitted

That I don't know. You can tell others what engine/framework you're using and give them the source code.

Submitted

I just made an itch.io submission page and posted a link to the google drive where you can download it. https://davey3223.itch.io/elemental-dragons I couldn't get it uploaded in-time due to it not building fast enough and it being my first finished game. Alsoi had accidentally set the game page to draft so it wasn't published.