This jam is now over. It ran from 2020-02-03 19:00:00 to 2020-02-23 21:30:00. View results
Welcome to the OpenGameArt Winter Game Jam 2020 !
This game jam is about creating games using assets from OpenGameArt.org.
And also, for the first time, also using ideas from the OpenGameArt community !
So this is a "special" edition. Have fun !
Story/Narrative • Gameplay • Graphics/Artwork • Music/Sound • Overall
1. You are encouraged to use ideas proposed by other people from OpenGameArt, at least take inspiration from one of these ideas. See the following list : https://opengameart.org/content/list-of-oga-ideas . If you are one of the people who proposed an idea, don't work on your own idea, choose one proposed by someone else.
2. Your game is only allowed to contain art assets from OpenGameArt.org, or made by yourself or your friends and/or associates. Using commercial assets that you not have the rights to use is not permitted.
3. All newly created art assets used in your game must be made available on OpenGameArt.org before or at the end of the jam, provided they fit into any of the art submission categories there. Exceptions are given for game logos, cover arts, banners and other promotional material (but if you want to post them on OGA anyway, no problem ;-)).
4. You can re-use some old code, no problem with that.
5. You must credit the Author of the assets used, even if it's not required by the license. Credits should list for each asset : the title, the author, the URL, the license. They should be accessible with a 'Credits' menu on your title screen.
6. Also credit the author of the idea you worked on, for example : "original idea by XXX", or "inspired by an idea from YYY".
7. The game must not promote any sort of discrimination or political agendas, nothing that could cause offence. Avoid putting excessive violence in the game.
Optionnal theme :
Realizing someone's dream
No submissions match your filter