Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anyone looking to start a team?

A topic by Scrblue created Aug 30, 2020 Views: 178 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hi, I'm a CS student with several years experience programming. Do any of you want to work together to create something; I'm not confident enough to come up with something entirely on my own. For reference, I have an unspecified psychotic disorder (something along the lines of schizophrenia, but not meeting the exact requirements of any diagnosis).

(2 edits)

Hi Scrblue. I'd like someone to work with. I do best when I have other people to bounce ideas off of. Since we're sharing, I have ADHD. Well, I'm 99% sure I do. I'm going to get a diagnosis tomorrow. Hopefully. (Edit: fixed spelling)

Hey! I like having ideas bounced off of me. I'm a newbie game designer and I'm very interested in making games that will help people explore novel experiences. I'm neurotypical. I have some experience in research in cognitive science.

(1 edit)

Alright, sounds good. I'll make a project page and add you as an admin.

(Edit) Oh, looks like I'll need to send you a URL. Uhh... what's your Discord username? I wish itch.io had direct messaging :/

Deleted 3 years ago

I was just thinking about creating a game on this topic, when I came across this JAM. And it's just starting ! Sounds perfect.
I am interested in all field on game creation, but mostly specialized in programming (C#, Unity basics, among others....).
I am also a musician, and produced some not-so-bad game musics.
I am bad at graphism, and would prefer to let someone else carrying for that section.
I can eventually help for level-designing and help for story.
I would like to make something about diagnosis absurdity, and include something about hospitalization, and maybe, if it's permitted, nocivity of drug-abuse, and medication cares.
I had a kind of de-realization when I was 18 (after smoking a joint), then go to EPITA in Paris, where i studied 2 years only, then I had a "deep-melancholia" (after MDMA). Then they used to called schizophrenic, after an experience upon mushroom... I had to go to hospital and tried a lots of medication.
After a recent paid test for Autism, I got a 160+ / 200 as an atypical. (Asperger) and 50 as neurotypical. And an official IQ of 127. Results seems quite accurate since most answers are the same with others aspie's ones.
Don't know really what to think ? But that sometimes diagnosis can be really tricky maid with some absurd questions. (typically : do you hear voices ? Must answers : Yes, I am not deaf..... lol) . I'd like to make some jokes about it in the game (I have plenty...).
Don't worry, I am clean ! (almost stopped tabacco as well...), and still medicated, with di-benzo, every night.
That's a long introduction...
Anyway we have almost one month for this game-making, and talking might be flourishing.
Also I am french and living in New Caledonia...
My Respect,

call me Jo.