Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Just Curious, What Tools Are You Using?

A topic by Game_Smith created Mar 25, 2021 Views: 256 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(4 edits) (+1)

I’ve seen several post on here were people mention a tool or an engine that they are using for this jam, so I thought it would be fun to do a little impromptu survey/discussion on what we are all using to make our games. You never know when someone might show you a new tool or program that you did not know about.

I’ll kick us off.

Game Engine/Programming Language
Godot v3.2.3 (Mono) / C#

Art
Piskel

Sounds
Chiptone

Music
Beepbox

Other
Bitbucket.org and GIT for version control

Submitted

Game Engine / Programming Language
Phaser 3 / Typescript. It's my first time using it and it involved a lot of googling and frustration but the result is a 1MB file that loads very quickly and runs well in the browser.

Art
Aseperite > Texture Packer

Sounds
Bfxr

Submitted

Game Engine/Language

Unity / C#

Art

Aseprite

Sound

We haven't gotten to sound yet, but in the past we've used LSDj for 8 bit music and sound effects, so maybe that. Both devs on the team are musicians, so I'm sure we'll have fun finding something that works best, whether it's Ableton and some 8 bit synths, or something else. 

Submitted (1 edit)

Game Engine/Language
C#, FNA (so it's a custom engine)

Art
Aseprite, but I lack art skills

Sound
SFXR. I thought about using FamiStudio to make NES music, but I didn't have inspiration for music, nor am I a music composer.

Both the game and the engine are open-source, I'll post a link on my game/submission's page.

Submitted (4 edits)

I used Construct 3 for Programming, a mix of Aseprite, Pyxel Edit, and Piskel for Graphics, BXFR, and Beepbox for Sounds, and for Music I used a cool program called Wolfram Tones that can use AI to generate short little music melodies, I used that since I suck at composing music lol

here’s the link to wolfram tones if anyone is interested Wolfram Tones

Submitted

We used Game Maker Studio 2, Aseprite, Photoshop and Reason for our project :)

Submitted (1 edit)

we used GameMaker Studio 2 and Aseprite.  i would have used BFXR for sounds and beepbox for the music, but didn't get to that. :(

Submitted

Godot, Aseprite, Beepbox and bfxr.