Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

We Got Tired of Adventurers Stealing Our Things, So We Became Dark Lords

A topic by CannibalInteractive created Feb 23, 2021 Views: 139 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted(+1)

I got a few days late of a start on this, but I'm glad to have managed to make something for this, and in RPG Maker no less.

You have a house and adventurers come in to explore and take things, because that's par for the course. You decide to take action and contact someone in construction. You now control a dungeon and adventurers come in to try to explore and take things, but now you can defeat them and ransom them back for money. As they fall, they return with new strength.

I would have liked to have more NPC dialogue and responses based on personality and how many times they'd already done this, as well as add other criteria/effects such as traps influencing NPC evolution, but I just flatly ran out of time. Setting up the NPC AI and making sure all 21 of them felt different and interesting was enough of a task in and of itself, let alone the battles and trap/bonus systems.

Since you technically control the NPCs to move them through the dungeon I'm safe from the patent as they aren't technically a "non-playable character", even though they battle automatically and you can't influence their behavior outside of how you manipulate the world around them. I may add more to this if people think it's interesting enough to do.

HostSubmitted(+1)

I also want to say that I'll check out everyone's entries in the next day or two. I'm just mentally too tired right now to check stuff out, ha ha

Submitted

Same!!!

(ALso I have to boot into windows everyone made windows-only games boo)

HostSubmitted

Ha ha, I would export to Mac if the Catalina update didn't totally bork RPG Maker builds (which the people behind the engine said they are never going to do anything about)

Submitted(+2)

I'll be checking this and other entries tomorrow.

We did it, Warner Bros is devastated, devastated, I say :^)