🤑 Indie game store🙌 Free games😂 Fun games😨 Horror games
👷 Game development🎨 Assets📚 Comics
🎉 Sales🎁 Bundles

[devlog] I Lost My Glasses

A topic by SBLyn created 1 year ago Views: 763 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 16
(Edited 2 times) (+4)

It has been submitted! Click here for the game page!

I've never made a game before so this should be fun! I've been meaning to mess around in Renpy, and this is a perfect opportunity.

Anyway...

Synopsis:

I Lost My Glasses : a visual novel where you lose your glasses and end up in a weird place while looking for them. As you search for your glasses (and a way to get home, that's pretty important too), you'll meet weird people and befriend them and maybe give them hugs I dunno. Kiiind of a dating sim? Maybe?

It'll be a really straight-forward VN with some choices and branching paths, nothing too fancy.

Assets:

Going to draw everything in Paint Tool SAI! Unfortunately, with your poor vision it all kinda looks like...

... yeah.

As for music and sound effects, those will be from royalty free sources.

So far...

I had a rough idea going in but mainly started winging it when I got to writing in Renpy. Probably not the best idea, but well, it's going okay!

I would say around 60% of one "route's" script is done, and assets are maybe 30% . I'd like to get two routes done in the jam timeframe though that might be tough with classes starting again soon. I had my wisdom teeth taken out this morning too BUT SUCH A TRIFLE WILL NOT SLOW ME DOWN (i hope)

I think that's about it. I have a Tumblr where I might put things up, such as: http://sketchbooklyn.tumblr.com/post/136764501338/...

Thanks for reading!

The blurry screenshot made me smile, it's a nice touch! I love your art and the colours you have going on, it has a children's book vibe to it. Looking forward to more :>

blurry screenshot so relatable ;__; god bless u

Host

ahah this is so charming as a premise!! i like what i saw already :9

oh my god this is so relatable (and cute and i cant wait to play it)

Thank you! I'm very near-sighted myself, so I guess that's part of the reason this came about.

this is so cute and also very relatable as someone who flings their glasses across their room in their sleep sometimes and has to cry until my roommate finds them for me

For some reason this concept reminds me of the old Humongous Entertainment games, like Pajama Sam. It seems really cute!

I'm making my game in Renpy, too. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going the VN route.

Good luck with this game and with school! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

Really like the idea of it, like alice in wonderland without seeing anything. Your MC has a cute style, looking forward to seeing more blurry eyed screens

Today I made some assets, did some more scripting and finally got around to giving characters expressions instead of static, unnerving smiles!

Though uh, I noticed something interesting happens in the Windows photo viewer when looking at the character portraits...

Hmm... Blobby. She looks fine in-game though, so no worries!

Someone awfully tall has arrived.

And, then there's... this? Whatever it may be?

Was a bit tired yesterday, so I took a break. I do have this little picnic basket now though?

Otherwise, the latest progress was mainly more writing. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to have a proper ending by the jam deadline. But, there is now something ending-like to go with in the meanwhile.

I also threw together some credits and a simple title screen.

By the way, the MC's default name is "Lune."

(Well, I thought it was a nice name.)

(+1)

I've discovered the ability to move characters while they're on the screen. And now to abuse this power.

(probably not actual dialogue)

-chanting- mom fight mom fight mom fi-

(+1)

I Lost My Glasses, But Not My Fighting Spirit

(+1)

Welp, with classes starting up I don't think I'll be able to add much more before the jam ends... So, here is my submission!

Click here to download!

Thank you for being interested in, and trying out my silly thing. I had a lot of fun learning how to use Renpy and making something for the Gamejam made me a lot more motivated than usual. I will try to work on this more when I have free time again, but that probably won't be for a while.

this is the neatest concept!!! i love this idea its so cute!!!!! i will play as soon as i can!

Thank you! Also, nice Temmie avatar.